• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Phone 7 Theme

@ Billsky -

Hey Paul - Let me see if I can help out here. The easiest way I can think to do that effect (if HS Image Cut indeed wont) is to make a white semi-transparent overlay, with the "tiles" cut out, and paste that on top of any given wallpaper. Then you can add fully transparent text icons/widgets over that, right?

Here's a 480x800 semi transparent tile look overlay with the same cutouts as the example you posted that should give you the look you wanted - just paste it on your wallpaper: https://picasaweb.google.com Tile effect overlay - Semi-transparent

Hope I've got this right and that it helps.

Seems to make sense to me. Thanks, eyebeam!

Reactions: eyebeam
Upvote 0
Here are a few i made overnight..
They arent perfect currently btw (almost 5-10% error) even though i cropped them at 2x1in or 2x2in as they should have been..
or maybe they just arent fitting in on my Optimus One :thinking:
anyhow here they are

Opera.png
Explorer.png
Doodle-Jump.png

Paper-Toss.png
Dictionary.png

and just like that i found this while my searches. this was awesome..!! XD

1b1a720ac1057370ad37a8e811e4e3bd.jpg

Upvote 0
Paulmz
Can you help to make three icons ?? Thanks!!!!
(Only the 1st word is cap letter)

1. News 2x1
2. Internet 2x1
3. Barcode 1x2

Sorry for my poor english

No problem, but I need more information:

1. What device and/or screen resolution are you using?
2. Which launcher and configuration (rows/columns)?
3. Notification bar and/or dock on or off?
4. Which font on the icons (Agency or Myriad Pro)?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
No problem, but I need more information:

1. What device and/or screen resolution are you using?
2. Which launcher and configuration (rows/columns)?
3. Notification bar and/or dock on or off?
4. Which font on the icons (Agency or Myriad Pro)?

Thanks.

1. Galaxy S2
2. LauncherPro (5rows)
3. Notification bar and dock on
4. Font - Same as your dl link
[NEW! Revised Android7 Icons by Paul M. Zahorosky of JerseyBoy Design (480x800) with new font to match Android7 Widgets.]

THANKS!!

Upvote 0
OK Paulmz,

here is my screenshot and thank you for your support.

I have the following configuration:

- HTC Desire
- 4-column / 5-row layout
- Notification bar and dock on
- GO Launcher EXE
- Auto-fit Items setting is active

I hope I've done everything correctly for the test... and sorry for my bad english.

THANKS!!

Upvote 0
OK Paulmz,

here is my screenshot and thank you for your support.

I have the following configuration:

- HTC Desire
- 4-column / 5-row layout
- Notification bar and dock on
- GO Launcher EXE
- Auto-fit Items setting is active

I hope I've done everything correctly for the test... and sorry for my bad english.

THANKS!!

Okay, this should do it:

Widths:

1- 110px
2- 230px
3- 350px
4- 470px

Heights:

1- 122px
2- 254px
3- 386px
4- 518px
5- 650px

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Nice work!

I've got a few questions.

I've installed the SMS Unread Count APK edited package. When I click on it it starts the stock SMS program.

I want it to start GO SMS pro since I use that.

I can't unset standard via settings > programs > admin programs on either SMS or GO SMS pro.

Any idea how to fix this?

Solved other problem with installing DVRDirectCall.

Upvote 0
Nice work!

I've got a few questions.

I've installed the SMS Unread Count APK edited package. When I click on it it starts the stock SMS program.

I want it to start GO SMS pro since I use that.

I can't unset standard via settings > programs > admin programs on either SMS or GO SMS pro.

Any idea how to fix this?

Solved other problem with installing DVRDirectCall.

I don't know about the SMS thing, but I do remember other people having the same problem in the past. I personally use Chomp SMS and I never had to set or change anything. SMS Unread Count just worked with it right away.

On the direct dial thing, the last update for Desktop Visualizer removed the direct dial option from the main app (for security reasons, I figure). I see that you fixed this, but here's a quick how-to if anyone else is flustered by this change:

Open the Desktop Visualizer app, press [MENU]-> [ADD ONS], and then download and install the DVR Direct Phone Call app from the developer's web site.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
I don't know about the SMS thing, but I do remember other people having the same problem in the past. I personally use Chomp SMS and I never had to set or change anything. SMS Unread Count just worked with it right away.

On the direct dial thing, the last update for Desktop Visualizer removed the direct dial option from the main app (for security reasons, I figure). I see that you fixed this, but here's a quick how-to if anyone else is flustered by this change:

Open the Desktop Visualizer app, press [MENU]-> [ADD ONS], and then download and install the DVR Direct Phone Call app from the developer's web site.

Hope this helps!

Yeah, figured out the DVR problem.

Tried Chomp SMS just to see if that helped. It didn't.. I have no clue what is wrong. I could understand if the default SMS program was set as default, but I can't even unset it.

Upvote 0
Considering the difference between the background and the widgets, I don't think that the widgets are transparent. I think they are full-opacity cuts of the lower opacity background image. But another way of doing it may be to just make images that are simply a light gray transparent background and place them using Desktop Visualizer over an existing background wallpaper. The only problem with doing it this way is that it will just "dull" the image where the widgets are located. The colors won't be as vibrant as shown in the example.

Although you should just Google to learn how to make "transparent icons", I will tell you that you need image editing software (Photoshop, GIMP, etc) to make something as simple as a plain transparent PNG.

Just came over from the "dark side" with new Galaxy S2. This thread is one of those that just screams "can't do that on an I-phoney" and kudos to you for the hand-holding of so many newbies. As you patiently keep writing "just read page one" (unless you want to eliminate the dock which is on page 19 and is really cool).

Got my homescreen done last night (I'll fix the cut-off Skype logo which looks bad) and now off to the rest. And the vertical bar is a lilttle too wide compared to the horizontal bar using the dimensions on page 19 so I'm going to work on that as well. But overall, this is cool and much thanks for the inspirations and kick in the pants to go explore "Google Images". Once that was done, it was only 30 minutes in photoshop to do everything.

Paul - I'm obviously using ADW but haven't figured out a few things oh exalted one.

a. How to make an "application" widget. That doesn't appear on the of choice.
b. How to do a sub-menu task that is not phone direct dial (that has been explained). For instance, to open a specific email account in K-9 or camera setting such as flash or video camera. Is this possible on ADW? No biggie but you could see having camera pre-sets as pretty cool.

Ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• Bazinga New Home Screen For Galaxy S2.jpg
    Bazinga New Home Screen For Galaxy S2.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
Just came over from the "dark side" with new Galaxy S2. This thread is one of those that just screams "can't do that on an I-phoney" and kudos to you for the hand-holding of so many newbies. As you patiently keep writing "just read page one" (unless you want to eliminate the dock which is on page 19 and is really cool)....

peakjunkie,

Sorry, got this kinda late. I'll look into it tomorrow (or maybe Thursday). Everything you ask should be possible. Just have to play with it to see. May have to overlap widgets to get some of it to work.

PS: Just wanna make sure that you have the "Auto Stretch" setting active under [UI Settings]-> [Screen Preferences]-> [Advanced]...?

Upvote 0
peakjunkie,

PS: Just wanna make sure that you have the "Auto Stretch" setting active under [UI Settings]-> [Screen Preferences]-> [Advanced]...?

Paul;

Thanks - look forward to seeing if we can do sub-menu presets like one for "still camera" and one for "video camera" as examples. Of course, that means just that more exploration of what is then possible.

I had the "stretch" set but hadn't fully defeated the "screen identifier" on top. It was set for "auto-hide" and apparently it messes things up even when hidden. Fully turned it off and "voila" things are now perfect.

If one follows your instructions, this is so easy and the imagination runs wild - last night saw a coffee pot and cup and thought "great alarm icon" since both wake you up. Etc., etc., etc.

My visually challenged 50+ year old friends on Eye-Phones are extremely jealous.

And with a 10" tablet, this will become an "are you kidding me" moment to hand someone a well laid-out screen.

BazingaNewHomeScreenForGalaxyS2.jpg

Upvote 0
...Paul - I'm obviously using ADW but haven't figured out a few things oh exalted one.

a. How to make an "application" widget. That doesn't appear on the of choice.

I'm not sure what you mean by "application" widget. I would assume by the widgets you created already that you know how to assign a Desktop Visualizer widget to a specific application, right?

b. How to do a sub-menu task that is not phone direct dial (that has been explained). For instance, to open a specific email account in K-9 or camera setting such as flash or video camera. Is this possible on ADW? No biggie but you could see having camera pre-sets as pretty cool.

This is one thing that I miss about LauncherPro that I wish ADW would allow other apps to use. The closest thing you can do is overlap widgets.

1. Place your Desktop Visualizer widget like normal- just set the "Select Action" to "None".
2. Then long-press a blank area of the desktop, press [Custom Shortcut], [Pick your activity], [Activities]. Then you can scroll through specific apps, press the arrow to the left of the app, and then launch a specific part of an app (ie. camcorder, etc.- this also only works for the actions that ADW works with).
3. After selecting an Activity, press the icon in the dialog box and change it to a transparent png image and then delete the text in the "Label" box.
4. Finally, overlap the Desktop Visualizer widget over the shortcut (remember where you put the shortcut- it will be invisible) by long-pressing the widget, press [Edit], and move it over the shortcut by resizing it.

I had the "stretch" set but hadn't fully defeated the "screen identifier" on top. It was set for "auto-hide" and apparently it messes things up even when hidden. Fully turned it off and "voila" things are now perfect.
ADW usually sets aside space at the bottom of the screen. I have my "desktop indicator" set to "Sliding paginator bottom", which doesn't interfere with the widgets.

...with a 10" tablet, this will become an "are you kidding me" moment to hand someone a well laid-out screen.

I've been kicking around doing the Android7 theme for my Samsung Galaxy 7" as well. I know it will look awesome once it's done, but I'm also excited to be able to do other themes for a change (I haven't done anything other than Android7 on my Incredible since I created it- I like it too much).

Glad you like it. Keep posting screenshots as you work on it! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: peakjunkie
Upvote 0
Im using launcher pro plus on desire HD and it's a bit choppy while scrolling between screens which i believe due to heavy graphic, or is it?
Do you guys experience the same problem with your device or there might be some settings that would be useful, FYI my device has 1 ghz chip and 768 MB ram and currently I have 4 screens with full images (tiles if you like). Really love the idea of the theme but the choppiness is somewhat unpleasant to me. Please advise. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones