• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Phone 7 Theme

A. How do you get the weather widget that is pictured in paulmz original lockscreen?

On my old lock screen, I used Beautiful Widgets with my "Debossed" weather skin (downloadable through the Beautiful Widgets app).

B. Where can I find a tutorial to edit my lockscreen

Well, needless to say that your best bet about finding a tutorial is to:
1. Search the Android Forums.
2. You have an Android device- which is based on Google- Google Search is your friend.

C. What are the dimensions for a wallpaper that just covers the lockscreen (Not like a normal android wallpaper that is wider than it is tall)

This depends on your device, but it would simply be the actual resolution of your specific device. For instance, the resolution on my old Incredible is 480px-wide by 800-px high. That would be the exact size of a single-page wallpaper as used by WidgetLocker.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: RedRobster
Upvote 0
Here are my AP7 Themed screens.. Modeled off of paulmz's original post.

screenshot-1330875092278-1.png
screenshot-1330875104932.png
screenshot-1330875337253.png
screenshot-1330875624919.png
screenshot-1330875640768.png

Reactions: paulmz
Upvote 0
i would like to know if i can get Chuteboxe39's icons.. i tried pming him but he doesnt respond. i'd like to get my android phone 7 looking like his. if you guys have his icons, please share them.. thanks!!

It would probably be a good idea to link to the post you are referring. Not many people (myself including) a going to go through this long thread to find what you are talking about.

Just a suggestion...

Upvote 0
...Could anyone help me with the icon dimensions?
The screen is 1280x800.
I'm using ADW Launcher WITHOUT dock.
I'd also like to have 5 columns and 6 rows for the desktop layout....

This should do it:

Width:
1- 148px
2- 308px
3- 468px
4- 628px
5- 788px

Height:
1- 193px
2- 398px
3- 603px
4- 808px
5- 1,013px
6- 1,218px

Hope this helps.

Reactions: TB_Inspired
Upvote 0
@paulmz:

Paul, thank you so much for your inspiring work and helpful explanations on how to create great themes for our devices! This is long overdue from my side since I am using your suggestions to customize my SGS II for quite some time. A couple of days ago I received my new Galaxy SIII and although a great phone, I do not like it very much without your customized design.

The Galaxy SIII has a 1280x720 screen and I really couldn`t use any of the tile dimensions that were suggested in this thread for such a screen. Although using different launchers, the tiles did not line up correctly. So I did The Test you suggested and found the perfect tile dimensions for 4 columns and 5 rows (using ADW Launcher EX with dock and notification bar ON):

Width:
1x: 168
2x: 348
3x: 528
4x: 708

Heights:
H

Reactions: paulmz
Upvote 0
As promised, here are my tiles for those who are interested:

my Tiles.zip - Speedy Share - upload your files here

And Dock Icons: Dock_Icons_ADWLauncher.zip - Speedy Share - upload your files here

@paulmz (and those who have an idea:) :

On my main Homescreen (see above) you can see how it should look like with all reskinned widgets. I used Paul`s reskinned widgets (see his opening post) which I reskinned to fit the SGS3 Screen, resigned and installed. Although the images for these widgets match exactly those of the 1x1 tiles (136 x 212 pixels) the result is like that (all widgets are too big - only the bluetooth widget is too small - but none of these widgets fits exactly):

I am absolutely clueless why it doesn`t fit. I just replaced Paul`s images within the widgets by images with the right size, i.e. 136 x 212 pixels. Do I have to modify anything else within the widgets like an xml-file? Any hint or idea is highly appreciated. Here you can check the reskinned widgets, the resized images are already replaced but nonetheless included seperately:
Widgets_1280x720.zip - Speedy Share - upload your files here

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Upvote 0
@paulmz (and those who have an idea:) :

On my main Homescreen (see above) you can see how it should look like with all reskinned widgets. I used Paul`s reskinned widgets (see his opening post) which I reskinned to fit the SGS3 Screen, resigned and installed. Although the images for these widgets match exactly those of the 1x1 tiles (136 x 212 pixels) the result is like that (all widgets are too big - only the bluetooth widget is too small - but none of these widgets fits exactly)...

I am absolutely clueless why it doesn`t fit. I just replaced Paul`s images within the widgets by images with the right size, i.e. 136 x 212 pixels....

Yeah, this is why I stopped reskinning widgets with full "tile" backgrounds. Each developer has a different way of resizing their widgets to "automatically" scale to different resolutions.

Now I do all of my tile widgets using the Overlapping Widgets feature that most third-party launchers have. I reskin widgets with transparent backgrounds and then resize them to overlap a Desktop Visualizer widget with the tile background image. Works perfectly every time.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Chris0android0
Upvote 0
Yeah, this is why I stopped reskinning widgets with full "tile" backgrounds. Each developer has a different way of resizing their widgets to "automatically" scale to different resolutions.

Now I do all of my tile widgets using the Overlapping Widgets feature that most third-party launchers have. I reskin widgets with transparent backgrounds and then resize them to overlap a Desktop Visualizer widget with the tile background image. Works perfectly every time.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your quick reply! I will follow your way and use the overlapping feature in ADW Launcher EX.

Chris

Upvote 0
with desktop visualizer i can do a shortcut to a folder?or a website?

Yes - in conjunction with Simi Folder. Just create a folder in Simi Folder first containing serveral programes or bookmarks. Then go to Desktop Visualizer and instead of linking to a (single) program, press "other" and choose Simi Folder. At this point you can choose your created Folder. Done.

Upvote 0
Hello ladies & gentlemen!
I am new here and at first i want to say a big THANK YOU to the community for all the incredible tutorials & examples. Yesterday I've found this thread and after two hours i decided to make my own theme. Quickly bought the apps in the Android Market and spent half of the night to build my

Menu created with "Launcher Pro Plus" & "Desktop Visualiser"
Lockscreen created with "WidgetLocker"
"Widget Locker" Theme is "MNML-Light"

Images are from all over the net: Android Market, Google Image Search, Fotolia, Graphicriver, SXC,...

I have attached a ZIP file with high resolution screenshots and also a ZIP file with all icons (80 files) i've done last night :)

Thank you all for this awesome thread!!

Very nice desktop!! But, how is the battery drain, since it is so many widgets??

Upvote 0
I read and re-read and re-read this thread and I am just completely lost. I have an HTC Rezound. Could someone just point me in the direction to get started in? This is an amazing theme and I'd love to have it. I basically have Desktop Visualizer installed and LauncherPro Plus installed. I also installed a few of the 480x800 Blue Widget APK packs but have no clue what to do at this point. Any help would be much appreciated. Like even just a super generic step by step, so I at least know what order I'm supposed to be doing this in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones