• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Phone Apps Disappeared

A

Android Question

I'm using an LG Optimus L5. I've only had it for a few months, and I only use it on wi-fi (it's not activated).
All of a sudden my phone has pretty much become useless. All of my app shortcuts have disappeared, and when I go into the app menu all it does is load endlessly. A lot of times I would get pop-ups saying "lge.process.android has refused to load" or something of that nature and I had to press Force Close. I tried accessing Google Play, and it would have to be forced closed, too, but now it seemingly works?? (The only reason I could even access it is because the top taskbar gave me update notifications. I can access settings because I have an alert that I don't have much space left, as well. I can't open apps that way, though.)
I have it plugged into my computer and I scanned it with my desktop AVG. It said it was clean, so I'm lost.
Please help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones