• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android phone keeps beeping at me??

zlloyd1

Nov 18, 2020
Hi again everyone, I have another disturbing problem with my smartphone, and need some advice....
My phone keeps beeping, as if it is notifying me of something, but there is nothing there?? This happens constantly, at least 3 or 4 times an hour, and it is notifying me of nothing at all. It is frustrating to the point where I may end up going out and buying an iPhone to get away from Android completely. I was trying to save some money, and HATE the idea of buying anything from Apple, as they are SOOOO overpriced, but like my grandpa used to say, "if you buy cheap, you get cheap". He also used to say, "if you spend less, you get less", which I am starting to take to heart now after suffering through Android stupidity now for a couple of years. I am also not a big fan of sweatshop labor, which I hear is another red flag about Apple Computers,
Why is my phone making notification sounds when there is nothing that happened please??
Thanks in advance!!

Hi again everyone, I have another disturbing problem with my smartphone, and need some advice....
My phone keeps beeping, as if it is notifying me of something, but there is nothing there?? This happens constantly, at least 3 or 4 times an hour, and it is notifying me of nothing at all. It is frustrating to the point where I may end up going out and buying an iPhone to get away from Android completely. I was trying to save some money, and HATE the idea of buying anything from Apple, as they are SOOOO overpriced, but like my grandpa used to say, "if you buy cheap, you get cheap". He also used to say, "if you spend less, you get less", which I am starting to take to heart now after suffering through Android stupidity now for a couple of years. I am also not a big fan of sweatshop labor, which I hear is another red flag about Apple Computers,
Why is my phone making notification sounds when there is nothing that happened please??
Thanks in advance!!

FYI, Your cheap Android phone was likely made by sweatshop labour as well. I prefer to avoid that and bought a Samsung phone, made in South Korea and NOT China.

As for the beeping, try running it in safe mode as it could be some app that you installed doing it. Perhaps you could make a recording of it? As someone may recognise what app is doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks in advance!!

Ever notice how fanboys get this huge turn on when a new version of iOS comes out, it's a huge event and there's so much buzz and anticipation. With Android, it's kind of a non event. The reason is that iphones are basically non-configurable, and you use it the way Apple says you will, so when a new version comes out, they might see a new look or something different than the old version. With Android, you can configure to your hearts desire, change the way it looks, or change launchers completely, change how it functions, custom widgets galore, write custom scripts to automate things or just for fun. However, all this freedom comes at the risk of getting in trouble when one starts tapping on the tappy thing before first thinking with the thinky thing. I guess the point I'm making is that cheap phones might run into hardware fails and things like that, but software configuration problems are not the fault of the os.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones