1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Android phone newbie questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TankbusterT101, Aug 23, 2010.

1. TankbusterT101

Aug 23, 2010
    Researcher
    London, UK
    Hi all,
    after a bit of research into android / touchscreen phones I took the plunge and invested in one.

I went for the t-mobile pulse as it was on offer for

Advertisement

2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Male
    occupied
    Planet Earth
    TankbusterT101 likes this.
  3. TankbusterT101

Aug 23, 2010
    Researcher
    London, UK
    Thanks KejlyCZ,
    interesting that the 2.1 update has been removed from the UK T-mobile site. Maybe it need further tweaking before a proper release.

T

4. Muuurgh

Muuurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Web Designer
    Manchester
    The pulse does not get OTA updates, despite non-uk non-pulse owners suggesting that it may.

I've had mine for 10 months now, and it's been great. I highly recommend going with a custom ROM, as it will run quicker that the current software. There are some bugs with the stock ROM that get annoying very quickly, and I personally prefer the stock behaviour that the 2 roms I've used have.

I did wait 3-4 months before upgrading, but I've never looked back since then, and a custom ROM is currently your only way of getting 2.1, as T-Mobile have taken off the update until they've fixed it. No idea what was wrong with it, never used it personally, didn't like the pink :)

TankbusterT101 likes this.
  5. TankbusterT101

Aug 23, 2010
    Researcher
    London, UK
    I did read on a few web sites that the 2.1 update was pulled due to problems, but t-mobile said that they will issue the update in October.

I really want the update, so I can install a few newer apps such as the android tricorder...:p (new version needs 1.6 and above).

T