• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android phone pattern locked with wifi and data connection off

and when i select recovery mode then this robot comes up
sorry for being late.the camera is so bad i know

Attachments

• IMG_20150628_071716.jpg
    IMG_20150628_071716.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20150628_071709.jpg
    IMG_20150628_071709.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0
yes my device is also know as galaxy grand quattro.

so when i press the buttons to entry recovery mode this comes up..
Thanks for the pic :)
I can't quite read the text, but that sure doesn't look like recovery :(

This is really boggling my mind.....
A: Can't get into recovery.
B: Can't get into download mode (only factory mode).
C: Can't get past the lockscreen etc as indicated in your first post.

What does that text say?

Upvote 0
FWIW I got one of these GT-i8552, Galaxy Win Duo, kept as a spare phone now. Unfortunately there's just not much good information for it at all. It's only a mid-range device, released in a few Asian countries, like Hong Kong and Singapore, so probably not too popular and not many have them.
This is really weird Mike :eek: I'm not sure what to offer him:(

Upvote 0
Thanks for the pic :)
I can't quite read the text, but that sure doesn't look like recovery :(

This is really boggling my mind.....
A: Can't get into recovery.
B: Can't get into download mode (only factory mode).
C: Can't get past the lockscreen etc as indicated in your first post.

What does that text say?
hahaha lol i know its hard to see because of that quality.ill just write it..

Upvote 0
This is really weird Mike :eek: I'm not sure what to offer him:(

I don't really know either, only thing I done with the i8552 I got was to root it, using Framaroot, but that was two years ago, done nothing since with it, it's in the draw as a spare phone now.

Dead Android on it's back with "!" symbol in recovery is usually when there's a failed update or firmware flash.

Upvote 0
**sigh**
@Ahad Waheed , I'm totally out of ideas here.

There could be some hope with adb, but not really sure about that. I've dabbled a little bit with adb, but not in a case such as this.
I think you need to either be booted into the system to use adb, or booted into the recovery to use adb...

I'd ask you to choose the "fastboot" option, but I have no clue where that would take you on a Samsung :eek:

Reactions: Ahad Waheed
Upvote 0
**sigh**
@Ahad Waheed , I'm totally out of ideas here.

There could be some hope with adb, but not really sure about that. I've dabbled a little bit with adb, but not in a case such as this.
I think you need to either be booted into the system to use adb, or booted into the recovery to use adb...

I'd ask you to choose the "fastboot" option, but I have no clue where that would take you on a Samsung :eek:
choosing fastboot does nothing.the phone just freezes.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
hey i think my fastboot mode works.i selected fastboot mode and connected the phone to pc.the pc started downloading a new driver
Hmm. Good?
im trying android multi tool.i opened the application and selected wipe data.and its saying erasing cache
Really? I think that's progress eh? :D
I'm really tired and it's my bed time, so I'll check back in tomorrow and hope for the best ;)
should i wait for it to erase or will this continue forever?
I'd wait for a bit, perhaps shouldn't take but 5 minutes or so.

Upvote 0
Hmm. Good?

Really? I think that's progress eh? :D
I'm really tired and it's my bed time, so I'll check back in tomorrow and hope for the best ;)

I'd wait for a bit, perhaps shouldn't take but 5 minutes or so.
it didnt work.but im trying again.yeah you go and sleep and thanks for so much help

Upvote 0
anyone with android 4.1.2 jellybean reply i need your help.
Do me a favour.set a pattern lock and set a alarm clock.when alarm clock rings try to pull down the notification bar.if it does pull down do tell me.but alarm should ring when android is locked...please anyone with android 4.1.2 try this and tell me.thanks

Upvote 0
Im new to forum and not sure if this will help but when I was researching one click methods to root my devices I found SRS One click root. It has some interesting tools and although it couldn't root my phone I kept it on my pc and used it to reboot my phone when I soft bricked it( got stuck in the Verizon red screen of death). It has some options dealing with gesture lock, maybe same thing as pattern.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Im new to forum and not sure if this will help but when I was researching one click methods to root my devices I found SRS One click root. It has some interesting tools and although it couldn't root my phone I kept it on my pc and used it to reboot my phone when I soft bricked it( got stuck in the Verizon red screen of death). It has some options dealing with gesture lock, maybe same thing as pattern.
It requires USB debugging to be enabled?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Download SRS One click root from their web sight,google it. There is another called SRS- One click, not them. Open program and on left is ADB tool button. Click on it and other selections pop up on right of screen dealing with screen locks. I used the Reboot option to get out of my situation when nothing else worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones