• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android phone remote -> Android Tablet?

sojojo

Lurker
Apr 22, 2012
First time poster, infrequent lurker here.. What up, guys.

I've scoured the threads and haven't come up with a solution that will let me use my HTC Incredible phone as a remote control for my Motorola Xoom tablet. Ideally there's a single app that does it, but otherwise, I'm looking mostly for Plex and/or Google Music remote control.
My home setup is a network hdd and a media server w/ Plex server, connected to a Tomato router. The router is wirelessly connected to my tablet (among many other devices) in my room, which I like to use as a small bed side TV and/or music playing device. I'm pretty proud of the set up... but of course there's always a new project for it. Today that project is so that I don't need to get out of my toasty bed when I want to change what's being played, or turn it off.

Anyone have any good app suggestions? Perhaps there's a better configuration I could use (although it should be noted that I'm not interested in buying another google tv + monitor for my room even though I realize would be simpler).

Thanks!
-sojojo

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones