1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android phone storage capacity...

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by MonsterRayn, Aug 28, 2011.

1. MonsterRayn

MonsterRayn Lurker

So...are there any Android phones that have storage available higher than 32GB, or is this still the max?

For that matter, do any Android phones have side-loading memory card slots (so you don't have to turn the device off and remove the battery to swap the cards)?

I'd like to get a new phone, but I won't do this until I can replace my iPod for music. The iPod I'm using has 64GB storage. I don't care if I have to have 2 32GB cards to get there. I can deal with that. I'd prefer Sprint over the others...or a prepaid AT&T phone, but I'll go with regular AT&T or verizon if there's a viable option available.

The newest Android OS would be great, but not a requirement.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast

My HTC inspire's SD card loads in bottom, and the battery loads on the side. But it only has 4 gigs of internal storage. There are phones with 16 gigs of built in storage though. Add the SD card, that is 48 gigs. To me, that is an insane amount of space. If that isn't enough though, I guess you can go the 2 SD card route. To me, that would be too much of a hassle. I would just get an iPhone if I truly needed 64 gigs.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You dont need to go darkside. SGS2 has a version with 32gb internal sd card. Add a 32gb external sd card..... :)