1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android phones from China.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DustyLv, May 12, 2012.

1. DustyLv

DustyLv Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2012
    Hello!

Since you have to pay a lot of money for just the brand name of the smartphones, I've decided to try the ones which are like fakes or clones, I dont really know how to call them. But I mean the better ones, with seemingly better hardware. Like this one X310e Smart Phone Android 4.0 OS MTK6575 1.0GHz 1.0G RAM 3G GPS WiFi 4.3 Inch Screen , not just this phone but any other from that page.

How good these kind of phones would be? Is there a big difference from the real deal? I know that they wont be as good as the original, but I want to know if theres some really big problems with those. Like lagg, hanging or any other serious problem.

Or maybe you know a site where they sell good, cheap ones like on the page I posted.

Advertisement

2. saywhatt

saywhatt Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Philippines
    there's a BIG difference from the real deal :D there could be big possibilities of lag and it may as well be a good rip off on your side.. just buy second hand original smart phones :D it's more reliable than buying clones.. i had this friend once who bought a China clone of Nokia N8 and the battery sorta went berserk.. so she didn't really get the chance to tweak on it..

-it never hurts to hit on thanks!

Demache and DustyLv like this.
  3. DavidStarA3

DavidStarA3 Newbie
    None

Hi Dusty,

For what it is worth... I have brought about twenty Chinese phones into NZ with a view that if I found a sufficiently reliable enough one I would market them here. Most have been dual SIM, but I also brought in and tested a couple that were tri-SIM and even one Quad-SIM. All of them are Quad band so I can use them pretty much anywhere in the world. All of them were less than US$100 and some as low as US$40. All snuffed it within a year and one lasted less than a week. Unfortunately, having had them for a couple of years now, I love having multiple SIM's as they are so convenient, providing for my business and personal use in one phone. Some didn't like our local Vodafone SIM in the first slot but used it quite happily in the other.

...So, I turned away from them and just used up the ones that were still going for my own use.

A month ago I ran out of them and, being a sucker for punishment, I brought in a Star A3, which is an iPhone(?) clone running Android. I have only had it a few weeks and absolutely love it. It reads pretty well in the web reviews but I am aware that it may well die within a year too. It cost around US$140, which is up there, but runs like a dream. I never thought I would be so unarmored with this phone, especially having roundly decried people sitting in cafes dealing with their e-mail. ...so much so that if it lasts a reasonable time (say, a year) I will probably replace it with whatever is their latest one.

Cheers,

David

darkron9 and breadnatty08 like this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    They're not really fakes or clones, not in the same way as blatant iPhone 4 counterfeits, like GooApples or PooPhones. They're Chinese Android phones.

Thing is, there's literally hundreds or perhaps even thousands of Chinese phone and tablet makers, but only a few you might have heard of, e.g. ZTE, Huawei and Lenovo. They do make good reliable products, but they are priced similarly to the likes of Samsung, LG and Motorola.

Problem with many cheap Chinese tech products, product development is often very hurried, factory QC can be rather poor or non-existent, poor workmanship and materials, buggy software, reliability problems, no support or updates. Some of these devices can be so shoddy, that they'll often pack-up within a few days or weeks.

To confuse matters even more, many manufacturers don't even bother putting their names on devices. Sometimes the same designation number and/or name might be used on several different devices from various manufacturers, e.g. Flytouch or Superpad. Or it's the Chinese wholesaler/distributor's name on the devices, with no chance of knowing who actually made the device.

Shenzhen tech manufacturers and their products seem to come and go like the seasons.

5. Milder

Milder Lurker
    None

May 25, 2012
    now the newest china android phone are MTK6575 CPU,all are 1GHz and 512ROM,also dual sim cards

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    There are nine million China phone makers in Shenzhen.
    That's a fact,
    It's a thing we can't deny :rolleyes:

7. toffzter

toffzter Newbie
    None

May 27, 2012
    You need to look for phones with these brands: Lenovo, Zopo, THL, ZTE, Meizu, and Huawei. These are the ones I know of that have good quality and good technical support.

darkron9 likes this.