• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android phones w/large screens?

Double44

Jan 15, 2013
Which phones running Android have the largest screens?

I'm looking to buy a phone, but after doing so, am going to root and install a custom ROM. Buying the latest and greatest device on the market isn't exactly what I'm after anymore. Give it the right ROM, and it can run anything. With that said, I do want a pretty large screen to work with.

Thanks guys, i appreciate the comments. However I'm not looking for a tablet. While they are (obviously) much larger, a phone should be reasonably close to the size of a phone :)

Also, tablets shouldn't take pictures. IMHO, it's very annoying to see people snap pictures with a bigass device in their hands. That's a phone's job.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, i appreciate the comments. However I'm not looking for a tablet. While they are (obviously) much larger, a phone should be reasonably close to the size of a phone :)

Also, tablets shouldn't take pictures. IMHO, it's very annoying to see people snap pictures with a bigass device in their hands. That's a phone's job.

Actually it is a cameras job to take pictures..........

Okay I'm kidding a little, but I am curious as to why you believe tablets shouldn't have cameras?

Upvote 0
Actually it is a cameras job to take pictures..........

Okay I'm kidding a little, but I am curious as to why you believe tablets shouldn't have cameras?
Ah, you got me there! XD

I'm begrudging of tablets w/cams because I've seen people use them in the stupidest ways.

For example, I was at a concert hall and this one woman was holding up an iPad. She was trying to take snappies of all the action (which you can bet were going to Facebook). Meanwhile, everyone behind her gets to enjoy the screen glare, and watch her fumble around with a product as big as her head. Bad etiquette in my opinion, looks silly too.

Upvote 0

I wonder where you draw the line between what is a phone and what is a tablet. e.g. the 8inch Galaxy Note 8 N5100. This thing is massive when holding it to your ear, yet they sell it as a phone, it's sold by carriers who don't normally sell tablets. It's in Samsung's phone product range, by the fact it's called a "Note" and not a "Tab". So we have a euphemism for devices like this, "phablet". :D

Upvote 0
Ah, you got me there! XD

I'm begrudging of tablets w/cams because I've seen people use them in the stupidest ways.

For example, I was at a concert hall and this one woman was holding up an iPad. She was trying to take snappies of all the action (which you can bet were going to Facebook). Meanwhile, everyone behind her gets to enjoy the screen glare, and watch her fumble around with a product as big as her head. Bad etiquette in my opinion, looks silly too.

I see your point. lol lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones