• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android pie update v40

illenicK

Jul 23, 2019
Guys as some of you know my phone is stuck with half an update in progress I would like to know if you guys suggest doing the pie update on the V40 or should I still wait for newer versions because my phone works well now and the battery life is good I'm concerned that pie isn't perfect yet and I don't want to screw myself with the update please everyone share your experiences with the V40 on Pie thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I'd do the update...

I didn't want to do mine, at first, but I'm glad I did. Battery life HAS improved after upgrade. Only a féw issues occurred with app compatabílity, but the devs have addressed all of mine.

Go for it.

You're 100% sure?? I've been seeing complaints about battery life and stuff your V40 got better? 10000000% sure???

Upvote 0
I'd do the update...

I didn't want to do mine, at first, but I'm glad I did. Battery life HAS improved after upgrade. Only a féw issues occurred with app compatabílity, but the devs have addressed all of mine.

Go for it.

You're 100% sure?? I've been seeing complaints about battery life and stuff your V40 got better? 10000000% sure???

Upvote 0
I found a setting that will keep updates from automatically installing once it's downloaded. Its in Developer Options. If you don't have developer options turned on go to software information and tsp on Build Number 7 times. Then go to Developer options and scroll down to Automatic Software Updates. Turn off "Apply updates when system restarts". At least that will give you time to stop the update.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones