• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android platform suggestion

Do you like or dislike this suggestion?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Leonidas81

Lurker
May 14, 2017
Hey everyone. New here. I gotta say I love android, but I have a suggestion or question perhaps. I've really been wondering this for a While; why are apps allowed to just randomly start? Burn battery, and data. Stopping them is another unnecessary waste of time and battery to do. I could root my phone and get more stuff, probably end up making one of those brand new brick phone's I been hearing so much about.
Simple problem, simple solution, just don't let em do it.
Thank you.

- Leonidas

Some apps need the ability to run in the background to do what they are supposed to do. Others may be loaded by the OS because you use them frequently and it's more power efficient to keep them in memory than to have to load them each time you use them. Note that there's a difference between an app that's been loaded into RAM and one that is actively running.

I don't bother with killing apps. If an app misbehaves I get rid of the app rather than wasting time and energy on it. There is always an alternative.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones