• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Player

Aimeee

Lurker
Jan 5, 2015
Hello,

Is there any music player, with all the basic functions (play controls, library & library search, playlist) that can be controlled remotely from another Android device?

Basically I connected my tablet to my sound system and I want to use it for music playing. The tablet is very old and slow, the music that is played is on a samba server (which I can access from it, already mounted - tablet is rooted). However I want the playback to be controled form my phone (laptop - windows client, would be a bonus). Something like Clementine on PC, but Android to Android.

Currently I'm streaming from my Raspberry through an MPD media server and control the media server with MPDroid but it's not a very elegant solution (wasted resources on my RPI).

Hi @Aimeee, and welcome to Android Forums :)

I believe that Koush's "AllCast" applications will be able to accomplish what you're after. You would install AllCast Receiver on your tablet and AllCast on your phone, and then be able to "cast" media directly to the tablet (pretty much like if you had a Chromecast).

There may be other options, but I'm guessing that will be the easiest. :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Hi,

As I understand, with that I will stream media from my phone to the tablet. That's not what I want, the music should be played on the tablet (think that I might want to control playback with my wife's phone) and more, the tablet is already configured to access all the music on the SMB server.

This should be a simple application: a player on the tablet, with a remote control option and a client for it on the phone.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones