1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Android plugin not visible in eclipse

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by krishnan, Aug 17, 2010.

1. krishnan

krishnan Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Hi
    I am new to android. My eclipse galileo was working fine till morning; when i checked for updates for it and also updated the ADT then it asked to restart eclipse.
    Now i cant see any kind of Android options/menu in eclipse. But i can see ADT in installed software.
    Even if i open my old projects in the workspace, eclipse is unable to recognize any of the Android classes.

I would appriciate if any one of you could point me to any fix.

Thanks
    Krishnan

Advertisement

2. Mystify11880

Mystify11880 New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Hi Krishnan,
    I had the same problem yesterday. For me it all worked fine (after hours of not working), when I start eclipse as admin and then install the plugins etc...

try that, I bet thats the prob.

Bye

krishnan likes this.
  3. krishnan

krishnan Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I fixed the issue;
    with some work around it was throwing

An error occurred while installing the items
    session context was:(profile=PlatformProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]org.eclipse.cvs 1.0.400.v201002111343, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.InstallBundleAction).
    Cannot connect to keystore.
    This trust engine is read only.
    The artifact file for osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.cvs,1.0.400.v201002111343 was not found

Solution:
    1) It looks the permission issue;
    2) I uninstalled my eclipse
    3) Installed eclipse from eclipse-jee-galileo-SR2-linux-gtk.tar.gz in my home folder (/home/krishnan)
    4) change the owner of the .gz file in case the owner is root (sudo chown krishnan eclipse-jee-galileo-SR2-linux-gtk.tar.gz)
    5) It created a folder /home/krishnan/eclipse
    6) Now star the eclipse from the home folder ( double click the file named eclipse)
    7) You r all set to install the ADT

-Krishnan