• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android pre-installed app E-mail is not working properly

Zdenek

Lurker
Dec 23, 2014
Hi,
i configured E-mail (version 4.1) apps on my mobile with Android and everthing looks good until i would open received message in inbox. I obtain error message: "Application E-mail is not working anymore" and it is closed. So i am not able to read any message. I tried to clear cache and application data but without result. Thanks for help!

What is your device? Are you using the Gmail app or the regular email app? What email account(s) are you using? Is it correct that the email app will open but then displays the error when attempting to open any email?

Hi,
my device is smartphone Lenovo S720i. I use regular E-mail application which was there already installed. I configured email account for email.cz but i tried gmail.com as well - i think this is not the reason.
Thanks

Upvote 0
If the problem occurs with just one particular email and everything is otherwise OK, then there's probably something wrong with the email itself, a corrupted file maybe, and nothing wrong with your device or email app. In that case, I wouldn't worry about it any more. If you really want to see the defective email, if you know who sent it you could ask them to resend and maybe a different copy will work.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
If the problem occurs with just one particular email and everything is otherwise OK, then there's probably something wrong with the email itself, a corrupted file maybe, and nothing wrong with your device or email app. In that case, I wouldn't worry about it any more. If you really want to see the defective email, if you know who sent it you could ask them to resend and maybe a different copy will work.
No, this is problem with all messages. This is problem with applications, not with message content or account settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones