• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly - prompt when i attempt to join contacts together

jetfactor

Feb 28, 2011
lately, when i try and join my contacts up in my phonebook (ex. an existing contact i had with the same facebook contact) the prompt: "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." pops up, offering me no choice but to force close it.

i've tried restarting my phone, reflashing the rom while restoring apps+data only (no system data restore), pulling battery. although everything else works fine, it's pretty annoying.

my phone is rooted running harmonia (aphrodite + picasticks).

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? much thanks.

lately, when i try and join my contacts up in my phonebook (ex. an existing contact i had with the same facebook contact) the prompt: "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." pops up, offering me no choice but to force close it.

i've tried restarting my phone, reflashing the rom while restoring apps+data only (no system data restore), pulling battery. although everything else works fine, it's pretty annoying.

my phone is rooted running harmonia (aphrodite + picasticks).

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? much thanks.
Did you do all these things before installing the custom ROM?
1.wipe cache partition.
2.wipe dalvik cache(advanced section)
3.wipe data/factory reset.Now that your rooted YOU MUST NEVER USE THE FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU ON THE PHONE
4.format boot,system,data,and cache
All these things must be done when coming from a stock ROM,or Installing a new ROM. These must be done to prevent any residual date from corrupting the newly installed ROM.

Upvote 0
Did you do all these things before installing the custom ROM?
1.wipe cache partition.
2.wipe dalvik cache(advanced section)
3.wipe data/factory reset.Now that your rooted YOU MUST NEVER USE THE FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU ON THE PHONE
4.format boot,system,data,and cache
All these things must be done when coming from a stock ROM,or Installing a new ROM. These must be done to prevent any residual date from corrupting the newly installed ROM.

yup, did all of it. anyhow, i went and flashed again, and now it works properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones