1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidme2, Feb 20, 2011.

1. droidme2

droidme2 Lurker

:p
    Hooray. Finally, I managed to get to the Settings application after I had the dominant dreaded error message "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. & press to Force Close". From the Settings task, I could Factory Reset to default.

My adventure started when I installed z4root to root my android 2.1 Apad/Mid/iRobot clone tablet. After installation, I activate Temporary Root and it asked me to enable USB Debugging in Settings. I believe it then told me that root was active. When I pressed the home icon, the Apad reset, and I got the dreaded error message ever since every time I boot up. I can see the tablet screen working behind the error message, but I could not get to any of the applications. Since then I have been looking for way to reset the Apad back to factory default.

It's a bit of trial and error process, as I could not find a way to Hard reset from holding keys down on power up. My Apad clone don't seems to have hard factory reset.

In order to "bypass" the "Force Close" message, I pressed the blank area near the Home icon at the top left hand corner of the screen. By pressing the blank area (you may have icons of background tasks in this area), the date will appear, and you can drag the "Notifications or Services curtain" downwards to cover the screen. I think after doing this simple task, I have given the tablet enough time to run other tasks in the background.
    :D
    The error message may still reappears when you drag the Notification "curtain" downwards, but, keep persisting. In my case, the error message finally stopped appearing, and the ES Task Manager appears.:thinking: And, that was the crucial stage, because the Settings task was also active in the background. By switching to it, I managed to Factory Reset my Apad to default.

It's not scientific but it worked for me. Good Luck.:)

Advertisement

2. phportjose

phportjose Lurker

Thanks,
    Same problem I also can get the curtain down.
    Just one quick question how can you switch from the curtain to the setting in the background?

3. phportjose

phportjose Lurker

Thanks, same problem here and i also could manage to get the curtain down with the wifi settings.
    How did you do to switch to settings in the backgound?
    Jose