• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android.process.acore kills me

j0hner

Lurker
Sep 16, 2010
Hello,

I cant open my android because it got an error android.process.acore
I can file manager "looks like the os is chrashed" i think i turned off at process manager... .

I have no clue how to get it on again...
Is there a way to make a hard reset back to factory settings or something like that??

HELP ME PLEAS!

Hello j0hner, welcome to Android Forums.

You're not saying anything about your device, so we have to make a few guesses about it, for example, is it rooted and what device is it? ;)

If it's not rooted, a factory data reset can be accomplished in most Android devices by going into menu > settings > privacy > factory data reset. First make sure you've backed up your gmail and calendar and good running apps, etc.

But for the fun of it I'll assume it's a rooted Hero or Desire and you've used a root explorer or other file manager to remove apps and files you do not like and/or you think you have no use for.

Unfortunately sometimes a file with a benign name can turn out to be linked to portions of the system that depend on it, so removing it will invoke error messages and sometimes force closes.

If you rooted and did not do a nand backup of the system before messing around with the app removals, you'll have to reflash the zip and start over.

If you're not rooted and I'm on the wrong track, let us know and we'll try again.. but please describe things a bit more in detail, such as what phone you're using and what operating system (1.5? 2.1? 2.2?). ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones