• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help android.process.acore

thatevoguy

Lurker
Jun 10, 2010
It appears that HTC contacts doesn't like 2013! Is anyone else having this issue?

I just sent the following to HTC:

"As of this morning I keep getting the following error message every 5 or so seconds on my sprint Evo 4GLTE that has had all recent updates.

"Sorry! android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to send an error report to HTC? This will help us improve our products".

I have been sending reports. Based upon the stack trace in the error message, the first line in the trace says "Time Format Error : 20130229" (See attached), I think there is an issue with the date rolling over to 2013. Please look into this error."

Attachments

• 2013-01-01_10-38-14.jpg
    2013-01-01_10-38-14.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 179
It appears that HTC contacts doesn't like 2013! Is anyone else having this issue?

"As of this morning I keep getting the following error message every 5 or so seconds on my sprint Evo 4GLTE that has had all recent updates.

"Sorry! android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to send an error report to HTC? This will help us improve our products".

I have been sending reports. Based upon the stack trace in the error message, the first line in the trace says "Time Format Error : 20130229" (See attached), I think there is an issue with the date rolling over to 2013. Please look into this error."

I'm not having this problem, so maybe it's your device.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Yes, I'm having this issue. I did a factory reset and it's still happening!!! Please provide link to solution.

It's happening every 5 seconds. It started today. My phone is unusable. Help!!!

And the battery is draining fast!!! I searched online and I can't find a solution. Does this have to do with the phone not being able to process the year turning to 2013?

I'm very unhappy!!! HTC better fix this ASAP!!!!

PS I sent a complaint to HTC.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. Reading on another forum I did what they suggested, turning of contact sync on FB and google accounts, delete contacts, restart synch...seems to have fixed the problem for now. :)
You do not need to go into your Sync accounts, erase data, clear cache, etc...until HTC gets it fixed, all you have to do is manually set your date on your phone to say its any date before 2013.

Upvote 0

You do not need to go into your Sync accounts, erase data, clear cache, etc...until HTC gets it fixed, all you have to do is manually set your date on your phone to say its any date before 2013.

Upvote 0
FYI - I had this problem today as well. After doing a lot of research and trying a couple of different suggestions - the following is what worked for me and a friend that called me up and was having the issue.

All you need to do is go into setting, date & time, uncheck the automatic date & time option, set the date back to December 31, 2012. Wait about 15 - 30 minutes and then reset the time & date to automatically update.

The error message has not returned for about 6 hours... fingers crossed.

Upvote 0
FYI - I had this problem today as well. After doing a lot of research and trying a couple of different suggestions - the following is what worked for me and a friend that called me up and was having the issue.

All you need to do is go into setting, date & time, uncheck the automatic date & time option, set the date back to December 31, 2012. Wait about 15 - 30 minutes and then reset the time & date to automatically update.

The error message has not returned for about 6 hours... fingers crossed.

I did this and waited 30 minutes. As soon as I reset back to automatic time & date I got the error. And it keeps happening.

I hate this. I hope HTC comes up with a solution tomorrow. I know I've personally sent 20 error reports to them.

Upvote 0
  • I went into Accounts & sync and went one by one and turned off all the syncs. It might have worked by just turning syncing it self off, but I don't know.
  • Then I when into Apps, clicked ALL at the bottom
  • Then I found Contacts Storage, for me, cache was empty
  • Then I clicked Clear Data, this took a sec and scared me as shortcuts on my desktop for people I call disappeared.
  • For good measure, I rebooted my phone.
  • I then went back into Accounts & sync and turned them back on.
So far, this worked for me. Since I have ALOT of contacts, this took a few minutes to sync, but everything came back.

I hope this helps.:D

Reactions: simcha
Upvote 0
After the stroke of midnight my phone started to have the same issues as the others in this forum. I tried deleting facebook but I can't get the app off my EVO 4G lte. Tried to follow the directions to clear my contacts cache but the screens are different for a 4G LTE. So it seems when I set the date to last year it works for a quick fix. But this is ridiculous. I use my calendar everyday. Any help for a 4G LTE and where do I go to contact HTC? Thanks! Thank you in advance for starting this thread in the first place. I"m really surprised that HTC has been so slow to do anything about it.

It's looking like after leaving my phone on manual date for the night and putting it back to automatic date mode...my phone is acting normal for the moment...

Upvote 0
  • I went into Accounts & sync and went one by one and turned off all the syncs. It might have worked by just turning syncing it self off, but I don't know.
  • Then I when into Apps, clicked ALL at the bottom
  • Then I found Contacts Storage, for me, cache was empty
  • Then I clicked Clear Data, this took a sec and scared me as shortcuts on my desktop for people I call disappeared.
  • For good measure, I rebooted my phone.
  • I then went back into Accounts & sync and turned them back on.
So far, this worked for me. Since I have ALOT of contacts, this took a few minutes to sync, but everything came back.

I hope this helps.:D

Thank you so much!!! I just did this and I haven't gotten the error message for the past 15 minutes! So far it's working. I'll check in later in the day to update to see if it is still working.

I still think HTC needs to do something about this. I don't trust that this fixed the underlying problem which probably came from the update. So I'm sending my information to escalations as they just requested so that HTC can fix the underlying issue.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
While I don't think that deleting all contacts is necessary, or the right answer;
these are the official instructions from HTC:

HTC Support said:
"Regarding the Android.process.acore error, please first back up your contacts and turn off auto-sync. Slide the Notifications panel open and then tap Settings > All apps > Contacts > Clear data > Force stop > Clear data.

Restart your phone, turn Auto-sync on once again, and let your Google, Facebook, and Exchange accounts synchronize your contacts once more.

The issue has to do with the fact that Facebook birthdays and the fact that 2013 is not a leap year and has no February 29. We currently have this issue under analysis, but at this time I do not have an estimated date of availability of a resolution to the issue."

Turning off automatic time and date and resetting the date, waiting a short while, then setting the correct date again seems like a better solution to me as it does not require deleting contacts or re-syncing datas. But hey, whatever works right?

I don't know if I believe that everyone in this thread is on Facebook and knows a contact with a February 29th birthday (as has been alluded to), but then again I could be wrong. I've always thought a leap year birthday was much more rare than that.
Couldn't it be just a general issue with the transition from a Leap Year to a non Leap Year, 2012->2013?

At any rate, it sounds to me like a real fix will be a part of the up coming maintenance update?

Upvote 0
Thank you so much!!! I just did this and I haven't gotten the error message for the past 15 minutes! So far it's working. I'll check in later in the day to update to see if it is still working.

I still think HTC needs to do something about this. I don't trust that this fixed the underlying problem which probably came from the update. So I'm sending my information to escalations as they just requested so that HTC can fix the underlying issue.

Crap!!! This issue just came back with a vengeance. THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT FIX!!!

HTC better fix this soon. It's driving me crazy!!!

I submitted my information for escalation. I'm pissed at HTC. This latest problem and the botched update is giving me flashbacks of when Samsung updates were crap and they never got fixed.

I hope HTC is better...

P.S.: My mother's birthday is February 29th.

Upvote 0
I got a reply from HTC that they are actively working on a solution to this. There is no current ETA. Maybe it will be part of the update with the fixes to Jelly Bean that they also said they are working on. Fingers crossed.

This issue still happens every day to me even after deleting contacts and having Facebook updates completely shut off and not updated...

Upvote 0
Android.process.acore force close fix for all devices running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
HTC has developed a fix for an android.process.acore issue affecting HTC devices running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). Most products have already received this fix through regular software updates. If you haven't received the fix, you can check for the update manually: Navigate to Settings > About > Software updates > Check now > to get People v4.5.538722 apk update.
If you have not received the update yet and there isn't one available through the steps above, you may download and install the update using the steps below.
1. The update will NOT remove any personal data from your phone.
2. On your phone, enable

Reactions: simcha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones