1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support android process stopped working; changes in screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zeni89, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Zeni89

Zeni89 Lurker
    None

Jan 23, 2014
    I have a bit of a vague question that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I've never rooted my phone before, but I just got an error message saying that an android process has stopped working (I don't remember exactly which one). After that, there seemed to be some changes in the screen where colours look a little more dull and the black areas seems brighter. The usable screen size feels a bit smaller. It also feels like there were some little changes in how icons/buttons are aligned, as things just seem a bit 'off'. I'm a bit picky when it comes to these things, and I can tell things aren't where they used to be because I find that I'm often missing targets when I'm using the touch screen.

I'm wondering if there's any way to restart these android processes, without having to do a full reset? I've tried just turning off my phone but that didn't seem to do anything. Would also be curious to know if this happened to anyone else. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

Mar 17, 2010
    Male
    Northern VA, USA
    Try a soft (battery pull) reset. Hold the power button (ignore the menu that comes up) until the phone spontaneously turns off (usually about 10 seconds or so). It will restart itself.

Tags: