1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android Question about making my photo appear next to my name when I text people

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Rebecca S, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Rebecca S

Rebecca S Guest
    None
    When I receive text messages from some people their photo appears next to their name (I do not have their photo stored on my phone). What do I need to do to make it so that when I text people they get my photo appear. I have gmail. I think it is something in settings but can't work out how to enable it. Thank you

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    They need to have their contacts syncing to Gmail, and have you as a Gmail contact. If they didn't do either, you can't have your pic automatically appear on their phone.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Dec 13, 2010
    Male
    UK
    Personally I find that it is the Facebook app that syncs all the photos into my contacts from their profile. If the Facebook app is not installed you get no photos showing, I know this as I don't use the app and no photos show on my contacts unless I add them manually.

You can add a photo to your contact by going into your contacts list and look for the one called "Me" add your details including a photo and it's job done. Sometimes this is also called "My Number".