1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android re-installation of Samsung Galaxy Trend 3(Chinese). Possible??

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jewelthief, Oct 19, 2014.

1. jewelthief

jewelthief Lurker

Hello!

I am very new to smart phones.:eek: (No I was not in coma in last 5 years). My friend has gifted me this Samsung Galaxy Trend 3 (SM-G3502C) phone which he bought on his trip to China. It has Android version 4.3 installed. I have changed its language from Chinese to English.

but my problem is that there is no Google play store app installed in it as I see with other smart phones in my country (Pakistan) and when I try to install some app from Google play website, it always give me error "Could not establish secure connection with server". My understanding is that this is because Google is banned in China and probably they have not added CA certificates (for https) for Google in default settings of Android OS but I am still confused because gmail opens up without any hitch.

I was thinking that I should install new version of Android on this smart phone on which I can easily access Google Play store and with that, a familiar environment like other western smart phones and get rid of anything Chinese in it. ;) Can I do it? Would there be any problem if I re-install Android? Can there be firmware issues?

Any help would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jaymzway

jaymzway Android Enthusiast

Option 1
    Try factory reset may undo changes made from china cause I think most androids default language is English.

Option 2
    I'm sure u could go into settings and scroll down to account and add google account and associate ur phone with google thus return now can be associated with google play next you would need to install google play from internet - google play store then transfer this to SD card or phone and install it from there using your phone.

Please hit thanks n like
    If this helped u by doing this ensures others of proper help that are in your same situation.

3. jewelthief

jewelthief Lurker

Thanks. I will try that and get back here.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Won't work. The OP's phone has a Chinese version of Android on it. Resetting to defaults will put it back to Chinese(simplified), which is the official language of the PRC of course. Also there is nothing Google in it whatsoever, no Play, not anything.

What has to happen, either the phone has to be rooted, and the Google apps flashed via a custom recovery, like TWRP or CWM, or another international ROM is loaded, either original Samsung or a custom ROM.

5. jaymzway

jaymzway Android Enthusiast

I wasn't really sure bout my first option but thought I would be rite.
    But second option I though it would be correct as for it to work I thought it would be like a phone with out gapps google applications how bout he
    Try I stalling a verision of gapps ??????

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

You maybe able to install the Gapps package, but the phone must be rooted and it has to be installed at the system level. You might be able to do with Odin or a custom recovery. Just sideloading the Play APK as a user app doesn't work, not with Chinese versions of Android. Root is also required to uninstall the unwanted Chinese apps as well. I'm not familiar with the Trend 3 or exactly what steps you'd have to take. AF doesn't actually have a sub-forum specific to the Trend 3 as I think this is a phone that's only available in China and Asia, but it could be a version of the Ace 3 possibly.

jaymzway likes this.