• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android recent software update

sdellin

Lurker
Oct 26, 2010
Hello everyone.

I want to comment so that hopefully this gets back to the people who write/update the android software for our smartphones.

The newest form of Android SUCKS! When you're in a text message, there used to be a trash can icon so you could click one thing and delete a message. Now you have to click "more" which is just adding another step, and then click "delete." I suggest the developers go back to the old version of Android and compare the changes they've made. Any change they made that adds any extra steps to any part of the software should be reversed. Another example... in settings/applications/application manager. There is now an extra step to get into the application manager, which is unnecessary. Once you're in there you used to be able to turn off notifications for an ap right after clicking on that ap, the option was there in the list below the "install" and "force stop" buttons. Now you have to click on "notifications" and then move a slider to "off." That change added extra steps.

These phones make our lives move faster, not slower. The changes like this that were made to the recent update to Android software is moving backwards, not forwards, and makes no sense at all to me.

Does anyone else agree or have comments?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones