• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android ROM Question

rsay3

Lurker
Jun 3, 2011
Hello! I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm asking this in the right place. I just unlocked my Galaxy Nexus and I was wondering if there was a ROM or a Theme that just changes small things such as the animation for changing home screens/adding more home screens ect. I like the normal layout and how the apps and widgets are arranged so I don't want to change any of that. Mostly just the homescreens. If someone could help me out it would be much appreciated!

Hi rsay3, and welcome to AF :)

For the sort of thing you are asking about here a 3rd party "launcher" app would probably be the solution. Some of these have options for different screen change animations, adding more home screens, as well as other options. With a GNex you will have access to launchers that I've not tried, since there are some, such as Nova, which require Android 4, while I'm still running 2.3.5. The good thing is that since these are just apps, you can try out as many as you like until you find one that you like. Most will let you keep your setup very similar to what you currently have, but with extra options.

Visit the Android Applications forum and have a look at what other people think. Remember that tastes are subjective though! Searching the forum for "launcher" will turn up plenty of threads where people discuss this. If you want a frankly intimidating list of launchers that have been released, look at this thread: http://androidforums.com/android-applications/404459-big-list-home-launchers.html

Good luck, and have fun playing :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones