• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android ruled at c.e.s

joe71

Android Expert
Jan 14, 2011
Nevada
Okay yesterday was the fourth year i attended the consumer electronic show in Las Vegas. The first year i went hands down Apple and the IPhone dominate c.e.s there was an entire exhibit hall showing nothing by iPhone or Apple related gear. That 2011. You had to search for android stuff. 2015 android rules at c.e.s there where dozens and dozens of retailers showing off android products. This included at least four independent android phone groups and numerous sites selling cases for android tablets and phones.
You had to look for Apple products. While there where several independent companies show casing new Android devices, Samsung, ZTE and Sony display what's been out a while. There was no Samsung galaxy S6 or Xperia 4. I didn't see the LG exhibit site yesterday. Last year it was in the main hall, why i didn't see the official LG exhibit, plenty of retailers or exhibitions were show casing the LG G2 and LG G3. Last year the big rumor was the Samsung galaxy S5 would be revealed, as i recall the sony Xperia 3 was showing and went on sale the closing day of c.e.s last year.
My overall thought of c.e.s this year was its lost some of it's magic. While there was alot of android stuff its stuff that's been out awhile. Even other electronic stuff such as televisions, tablets, musical gear such as speakers and headphones all where lacking, last year i recall listening to one great pair of headphones after another a few if i could have afforded the $100 or even $300 some wanted i would drop the cash. This year just about all of the headphones had a feed back or the sound quality was lacking. Beside android being a major player at the 2015 c.e.s show, gaming really step up this year. I am not much into Xbox or PlayStation or other related items for those that are some very cool stuff is coming out.

I seen some reports that the android car radio it's about to knock out companies such as pioneer and JVC . this car stereo has a dual core and they are working on pushing a quad or octa core . with the Bluetooth and WiFi dongle wow I can say the future has arrived . thank you android you rock. I know the founder of android can stop the hammer dance cause they shore enough can do the money dance cause cash is pouring in . things such as apple TV knocked out and will be dropped soon. I am waiting to see if they make a and keep this in mind I BRAINZ2013 SAID THIS ON THE ANDROID FORUMS . O yes looking to get paid if they make a ANDROID FITNESS WEIGHT TOOLS SUCH AS A TREADMILL AND WEIGHT BENCH . yes I know I move to fast sorry that's why they call me Brainz so letz go get paid I love to do the money dance . health and fitness with android

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones