• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android screen goes black too quickly

Have you checked in Settings - Display to see what the time out is set for? I think default is 30 seconds.

Yes I did. I know how to do that section but even when my time is set for 2 min the main screen still goes black way before 1min is even over with. Now I have another problem, it's on the main screen , now ads are popping up left & right that's really aggravating to me. I just wish only the 1st screen with the icons on would be it... Pls help me..

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Try starting in Safe Mode. That will disable any third party apps and see if still acting up. This is for TMobile version but all should be the same.
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34097

I remember that I did Safe Mode one time but after that & if I start it back up without the safe mide do you think those will stay disabled?

Upvote 0
Unless you disable them in Settings - Application, they will be re enabled.
Look and see if any apps have Device Admin privilege. For my Moto, it's under Security and location
Screenshot_20180820-173217.png

Upvote 0
Anything set as Device Admin have a lot of unneeded permissions?
If not able to narrow it down, as a last resort, factory reset. Backup anything you don't want to lose first.
That was my next thought too....some app that is controlling the screen timeout, overriding whatever he sets it to.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-20-21-39-51.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-20-21-39-51.png
    415.9 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones