• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android screens

mathkid95

May 29, 2010
Hi,

How do you open a new screen in Android after a certain time? So say for example you open the app, and after like 10 seconds, another screen opens automatically. I can do this using Buttons, but I don't want to use a Button. I want the screen to open by itself after a certain given time. Please help!

Thanks!!

Hello,

I mean this:

1. You open the app.
2. I have a screen that has some text, which I made a layout and all for.
3. Instead of clicking on a button to switch between activities, I want the first activity (screen) to automatically switch to my second activity, after say like 5 seconds. Switching between activities if very easy with buttons, but I want to do it without buttons.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I mean this:

1. You open the app.
2. I have a screen that has some text, which I made a layout and all for.
3. Instead of clicking on a button to switch between activities, I want the first activity (screen) to automatically switch to my second activity, after say like 5 seconds. Switching between activities if very easy with buttons, but I want to do it without buttons.

Oh, are you writing an app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones