1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android security

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by 6HD, Aug 24, 2012.

1. 6HD

6HD Lurker

Hey guys,

I work in a school and we are converting over from iPads to Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I'm not sure if anyone can help me but on the iPad I can set a backup on iTunes so if a student messes it up I can revert back to the back up, can this be done on android?

Also is there a way to set restrictions? So students and teachers cant freely delete, buy and edit the tablet too much?

Lastly if I have one master device is it possible to download one app and get that pushed over all devices, even if I got to install them manually on each device but preferably automatic.

Thank you for your help.

2. 6HD

6HD Lurker

One other thing, is there any kind of tracing app so I can find a device if it is stolen.

Thanks.

3. There are....plenty but the question is...do you really trust 3rd party solutions from developers from china and singapore and india, etc.? Only done a 2 year course but everyone was using Macs and ipads only. Why? Realiable and ease of use. Get ready to shell out money for antvirus software and all with Android.

4. 6HD

6HD Lurker

So everything I listed can only be done by apps?

5. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

Cerberus for security.
    Has everything you need for security/stolen device.

Crashdamage likes this.
  6. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

Yes everything on your list can be easily done.

Set all the tablets to one email address and install the same app on each tablet. Security and backup is easily done.

Crashdamage likes this.