1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android set-up for dummies?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by borntolose3, Jan 1, 2013.

1. borntolose3

borntolose3 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2013
    Hi, all, and happy new year! I am an absolute techno-dummy, and the stuff you folks haven't had to learn or (probably) use in a long time is total Greek to me. That confessed, I bought a Zenithink ZT93 Android Tablet for my wife for Christmas and have been trying, ever since, to connect the thing to the internet. My current internet service is through Charter broadband, and I have no problem using my laptop in the next room from the modem. I bought a wifi repeater on ebay, and the tablet says it recognizes and connects to it, showing the "wave symbol" on the bottom right of the touchscreen. It indicates that the signal strength is "excellent", link speed is 150Mbps, security is "none", and IP address is 192.168.10.100. None of that really means anything to me, and I can not find any way to connect to charter. Can anyone with a lot of patience provide some simple advice to put me on the right path. I set up my computer with no problems, but I had step by step instructions to do that. The booklet that came with the tablet really doesn't say much to me, and the print's so small that it strains my aging eyes. Many thanks for any advice you folks can send my way!

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Welcome borntolose!
    I am not very knowledgeable with that device, nor wifi. However, have you tried to unplug your router, wait a few minutes, plug it back in, wait a few more minutes until your other devices can connect, then try to connect your Zenithink Tablet?
    Sorry I cannot be of more help but there is one thing I can do.
    And that is welcome you to the forums:D
    Thanks for joining:)

borntolose3 likes this.
  3. borntolose3

borntolose3 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2013
    Thanks for such a quick reply, and for the welcome! I'll try that and see what happens.

Mikestony likes this.