• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android smartphone starts to laugh for no reason

Schlongus

Lurker
Nov 19, 2020
I know it sounds like I'm joking, but yesterday my Android smartphone (Redmi Note 9s) started to laugh for no reason.

I was recording a WhatsApp voice message while it happened, you can hear the laughter loud and clear in the voice message (https://soundcloud.com/ninetea999/whatsapp-audio-2020-11-18). At that moment I had my finger on the button to record the audio, so I could not have pressed anything else and the sound doesn't sound familiar to me either.

My only suspicion is that somehow I managed to open the Google Assistant while I was recording the audio, which shouldn't be possible, but you can activate both functions on this smartphone with a similar gesture. But when I say "laugh" to the assistant, it replies with "hihihi", which doesn't sound at all like the (human) laughter from the audio.

I have googled the problem already and apparently others have experienced the same thing years ago, but I couldn't find anyone who knows what caused this sound.

I hope that you can help me!

I know it sounds like I'm joking, but yesterday my Android smartphone (Redmi Note 9s) started to laugh for no reason.

I was recording a WhatsApp voice message while it happened, you can hear the laughter loud and clear in the voice message (https://soundcloud.com/ninetea999/whatsapp-audio-2020-11-18). At that moment I had my finger on the button to record the audio, so I could not have pressed anything else and the sound doesn't sound familiar to me either.

I have googled the problem already and apparently others have experienced the same thing years ago, but I couldn't find anyone who knows what caused this sound.

I hope that you can help me!

So it sounds like a problem that's never been resolved. Don't think I can help you with that. FYI your URL is just showing me a "403 ERROR, PROHIBITED".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones