1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android smartphone starts to laugh for no reason

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Schlongus, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Schlongus

Schlongus Lurker

I know it sounds like I'm joking, but yesterday my Android smartphone (Redmi Note 9s) started to laugh for no reason.

I was recording a WhatsApp voice message while it happened, you can hear the laughter loud and clear in the voice message (https://soundcloud.com/ninetea999/whatsapp-audio-2020-11-18). At that moment I had my finger on the button to record the audio, so I could not have pressed anything else and the sound doesn't sound familiar to me either.

My only suspicion is that somehow I managed to open the Google Assistant while I was recording the audio, which shouldn't be possible, but you can activate both functions on this smartphone with a similar gesture. But when I say "laugh" to the assistant, it replies with "hihihi", which doesn't sound at all like the (human) laughter from the audio.

I have googled the problem already and apparently others have experienced the same thing years ago, but I couldn't find anyone who knows what caused this sound.

I hope that you can help me!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Maybe its a Smart Ass phone?

puppykickr, ocnbrze and bcrichster like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

So it sounds like a problem that's never been resolved. Don't think I can help you with that. FYI your URL is just showing me a "403 ERROR, PROHIBITED".

ocnbrze, Dannydet and bcrichster like this.
  4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

I don't know why the link doesn't work for @mikedt, it works fine for me.
    Locations, perhaps?

Anyway, the laugh I hear seams to be a female's response to whatever was being said by a male.

At any rate, I don't speak the language in the recording, so I have no idea if that is what is going on.