1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android software upgrade spoiled my display

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    Is it possible that a simple software upgrade from Android 4.1.2 to 4.2.1 can spoil my phone's display or motherboard? I have MMX Canvas HD and same thing happened with me when I took my phone to service center in Noida for Software upgrade. Before that my phone was working perfectly fine.

Kanishka
    ***mod removed email address***

Advertisement

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    Welcome.

It is highly unlikely that a software upgrade could affect your hardware. I would suspect a display issue. However, to be sure, would you perform a factory data reset (also known as a hard reset) to be sure? This will wipe all of your data from the phone, so you should make sure you have everything backed up before completing a factory reset.

To do this, go to Settings, then Backup and Restore, and select Factory Data Reset. This will return your phone to 4.2.1 withou any potentially corrupted data from the 4.1.2 to 4.2.1 upgrade. During the upgrade, some of the permissions and file links might not have been set up correctly

Post bak in the forus by registering and let us know if that heps.

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    Welcome to Android Forums Kanishka:)

I removed your email address from your post so that it isn't scraped by spammers.;)

I think what QuickAudi recommended is your best bet as sometimes things get crosswired during an OTA. Follow this guide to back up your information before you do the factory reset.

http://androidforums.com/faqs/697582-backup-routine-us-all.html