1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android Stock Calendar With Multiple Calendars

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by danipoak, Apr 6, 2011.

1. danipoak

danipoak Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    Hello everyone I am a new Android user. I broke my Palm Pre and so I am now moving into a new Epic 4g. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and there is one thing is driving me nuts. On WebOS I could sync both mine and my wife's calendar and never have her notifications pushed to my phone whereas on Android I get her excessive use of reminders/notifications pushed to my phone constantly. I just want to be able to pull up her calendar when at times to see it but not get her reminders/notifications. Is this possible?

Advertisement

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Are you using Google calendar, or a calendar on another type of account?

If you are using Google, you can login to the calendar by the web interface. Click on a specific calendar, and you can set calendar settings for each one - including notifications.

Not sure how that works on the phone, but give it a shot.

3. danipoak

danipoak Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    OK thank you for the replies and here is how I solved it in the end. A lot of you will probably say DUH and perhaps I just did not explain the problem well enough but here it is. Rather than just straight up adding my wifes entire Google account I just had her share her calendar with me in her web calendar settings. Then I had to clear calendar storage data and reboot the phone. Eventually the calendar synced up properly and her calendar shows up for me to simply view and nothing else.