1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android Storage Question.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by charlington, Apr 18, 2016.

1. charlington

charlington Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 8, 2015
    Male
    I encountered this scenario, Example: Let's the free phone memory is 3GB & the SD card free memory is 100MB, I'm downloading an App size 500MB, Therefore, under setting, I switch my default storage to be phone memory since it can't fit on SD Card, once the downloading is trying to installation I'm surprised to get this message: "insufficient storage.." The same happens even after I move some of the Apps in phone memory to SD card.
    What the cause for this?

The other problem is when I set my default storage to SD card then download an App from Google Play Store When download is complete I get error message, "The App could not be downloaded.
    What could be cause/ solution?

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Apps only install to the internal card.

mikedt likes this.
  3. kreiszahl01

kreiszahl01 Lurker
    None

May 31, 2015
    The internal memory doesnt equal the memory available for apps. Guessed. Reason might be: The internal space got partitions which are not all meant to install apps to. I guess whilest you got enough internal space, your app-space is full. Try to delete apps located on internal space and try to install the wanted app again.

The hardcore way was to repartitionize or find a debloated / slim ROM. But that would go too far... Remember: Im just guessing.

I made the observation that switching between "save apps to internal / external memory" seemed to make that state worse.

Just an uneducated guess. I had that error before on some devices.

Cheers

mikedt likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    You've got an old or cheapo phone that's got partitioned rather than unified internal storage?

5. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
  6. charlington

charlington Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 8, 2015
    Male

@kreiszahl01, I do agree with you, I guess the internal memory available for Apps is not enough, however I thought rather than deleting the Apps in the internal memory moving them to SD Card would solve the insufficient memory, however that did not solve the issue. I tried to move the Apps on phone memory to SD Card using this procedure: Setting > Apps > All > Selecting The App > Move to SD card.

7. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2016
    Hey, Connect your phone to a Laptop or PC via USB and search for and remove some not so special apps or files from your internal phone memory and try to install what you were trying to install and see if that works. Using a laptop or a PC usually works better than any files manager that's installed on your device to remove stuff.