• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Studio closing all tabs when tabbing out

Hello,

<br>

<br> My recent problem that is causing me nothing but headaches is how Android Studio has begun to close all my open files when I alt+tab out and return to the editor. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Odd issue. Maybe a key shorcut screwing up something? Install any new window controller apps recently?
What os?

Upvote 0
Hi Steve,

I am using W10 and no I have not installed anything new recently. I have narrowed the issue down to Gradle. When I run my application it will refresh the files in the project folder and closes all active tabs and returns to the main project with everything collapse in the directory.

I am fairly certain it not a keyboard shortcut; just confused how this change happened with no updates/upgrades occurring to the best of my knowledge.

Upvote 0
No, I do not have any tasks that would delete anything. Also, there is also nothing in the Gradle output that indicates that it should be removing project Workspace files. My solution is going to be to just stop using Android Studio and compile from the command line since this problem is more than an inconvenience; it ruins work flow in the most negative of ways.

I appreciate the help but I can't be bothered to troubleshoot it any further than I already have!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones