• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Studio emulator problem

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been stuck for 10 days trying to find a way round the emulator hanging. Android Studio 3.1 reports Waiting for device to come online. I think it is due to the emulator not having the right permissions. Working on Windows 7 pro
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am having similar problems. I have been trying to get Android Studio working for 11 days, and it did work for just 1 of those days (day 4). Do not know why. Ever since I have had simialar problems to the OP. The Android Studio emulator just freezes, not coming online, or sometimes I get to the transfering APK, but it wont trasfer.

At the moment I am trying Genymotion emulator. That emulator comes on line and even shows up in Android Studio if you take the steps shown in my post. However, when you click the green arrow 'Run' icon to start debugging code, the running Genymotion emulator does not show up in the dialog where you have to choose your emulator. This happens even when you start it through Android Studio. See my post on this same forum for more details.

Upvote 0
i have the same issue, running on win 10 pro build 10240. but before that, i have no issue about it. i followed this step already but it requests me to run AVD on an x86.
  1. Create a new emulator
  2. Select the device you would like to emulate.
  3. On the next page with the header "System Image" select the tab "other images"
  4. Download and select an image that is listed as armeabi-v7a under the ABI column.

Attachments

• jpeg1.jpg
    jpeg1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones