• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Studio, how to move resize controls in designer

arbj

Lurker
Oct 2, 2017
Hi,

I have been able to create some apps using Android Studio, however I always have difficulty, moving and resizing different GUI elements like buttons textview etc.

When I resize these (using mouse) they get locked on either automatically to the edge of the form or to other controls. This makes it difficult to position controls at the desired positions. I tried disabling the constraint option, but this does not work satisfactorily.

Please could anyone suggest any tips of doing this right ?? I have used other IDEs like Visual Studio, Lazarus IDE etc, but never faced such problems..

I am only looking to resize and position controls at desired positions...please help how I can do this...

thanks
a

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones