• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Studio Upgrade Causing Headaches

Brizky

Lurker
Mar 1, 2020
Learned Java last year to make games and installed Android Studio (I believe, version 2). Just upgraded to 3.6 a couple days ago and it's been nothing but headaches trying to build and run my apps. Kept getting gradle errors about deprecated this and that, inability to find this or that, etc.

I've been googling each specific error and trying to figure out just WHERE I'm to make the suggested changes. I get a little further each time but now I have no idea what to do next.

I'm getting errors about Gradle having deprecated features that are not compatible with version 7. I'm not really sure about what Gradle does besides it being needed to build your apps.

With the attached, I THINK that I was able to capture one of the issues. But I have no idea WHERE to go to make this fix. What file is it in? Where is the file?

I didn't expect upgrading to cause this many issues (they all seem to relate to Gradle) but I'll never upgrade this thing again unless it's absolutely necessary.

Attachments

• gradle warning 2.JPG
    gradle warning 2.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 183

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones