1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android Suddenly Loses Battery After Pulled Off Charge

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    When pulling my HTC One by AT&T off the charger, I see it at 100%. I turn off my phone and turn it on a second later and it suddenly drops to like 96%. I turn it off and on again in a matter of seconds and it drops to 94%. I do this again and it goes down to 92%. It finally stops going down at 92%. It dropped 8% in a matter of seconds! It's been doing this for a month or two now. I have noticed that when I check my phone battery while it's charging up, it goes from say, 92% and jumps to 100%. I know this because I see my phone at like 92% while charging and turn it off to let it reach 100% and in around a few minutes, it's already at 100% that quickly. Battery life is important to me and I want it to last a long time. Does anybody know why my phone does this? I use the original Micro USB charger to charge my HTC One.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    1) If you want the battery to last a long time, charge it when it's down to 50% as often as you can.

2) Going from 92% to 100% in a few minutes isn't the real state of charge. Leave it in for another 2 hours from the point it jumps like that and see how quickly it drops to 92% when you take iit off the charger.

(The terminal voltage, which is what the phone is indicating, doesn't have a 100% linear relationship to the state of charge near the top. It jumps to 3.75 volts before the battery reaches full charge.)

scary alien likes this.