1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android suddenly replaced my security code

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by mxz33, Jul 24, 2016.

1. mxz33

mxz33 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    Today, my android phone changed its own security code PIN out of nowhere.
    I got no clue as to what happened since I didnt intentionally/manually change it.

I was using the phone when it got abruptly changed, this is what I did;
    - Simply replaced my SIM card with a newly delivered one from my carrier.
    I logged in just fine with my own, usual Security Code.

As I put it in SIM tray 2 initially, my phone booted up but didnt indicate SIM card presence so I went to ''SIM cards'' in Settings menu. Once there, my phone locked up to ask me for the Security code (NOT simcard pin though) I was already wondering why the sudden re-prompt as I was already in Android, but from nowhere my own, old Security privacy code didnt work anymore!

So I dont know if being in the SIM card menu has anything to do with it. After putting it into SIM slot 1 it didn't solve, and even putting back my old SIMcard didnt solve it.
    It seems I am now stuck with an security code that I do not even know!

Some unknown event changed it. But it must be very coincidental if SIMcard replacement has nothing to do with it. Never seen Android change my own security code before.. until today.

Note that my SIM PIN and Security Android privacy code isnt something I am mixing up; the PIN is still 0000 and lets me past the first lockscreen (PIN) fine until it doesnt take my Security code anymore on that respective lockscreen. Very weird

I dont want to need resetting my phone, i think this is a bug but maybe someone knows a solution? (NOTE: The phone is a Doogee F5 with Android 5.1

Advertisement

2. mxz33

mxz33 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    This is crazy, after Resetting the Phone using pre-boot recovery method (factory reset) i start it up, it works for 30 seconds and then it LOCKS again with unknown password! that I do not know or even set up!

It looks like my Phone wont be usable anymore like this,

#2 mxz33, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  3. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    scary alien likes this.
  4. mxz33

mxz33 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    Remember i said it's not PIN code but security code on the Phone itself.
    Also that page talks about factory reset on multiple parts and doing that results in a workable Phone only for 20 seconds or so, before it magiclly sets a new security code (not PIN) on the Android OS that is permanent

5. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Never held a Doogee device.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Might need to check with Doogee about the problem. There's something funky going on with it, but no idea what it might be. I've seen plenty of Doogee phones, but frankly I've never taken much interest in them.

7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Android Expert

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    A fuul phone security code before the lock screen PIN sounds excessive. Maybe it's something they include in the manual. Nobody around here really reads the manual unless they have to. Maybe it's something to do with the manufacturer? When I used carrier phones we set up all that in the store IIRC. It was a one time thing. No help here either I'm afraid.'

8. mxz33

mxz33 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    The SIM pin comes first (default of 0000) and then the problem: the unknown security code of Android itself. So it doesnt come before PIN, and these things are separated. Old SIM card of same carrier didnt have this issue (I mean bring these problems in some way), but again I suspect that it has nothing to do with the particular SIMcard, but that inserting a new SIM brings alive a real bad bug within Android.
    Because, if it's a chain reaction triggered by inserting the current SIM - how is a SIM-card able *has the power* to force change of Android security code? A SIM should not be/is not naturally able to change your Android OS stuff like a security pass/code.

9. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    Could it be the PUK code they mentioned in the link?

Hadron and mikedt like this.
  10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    SIM brings alive a real bad bug within Doogee! ....China phones. :thumbsupdroid:

I've used quite a few Chinese dual-SIM phones(not Doogee) with many different SIMs, and I've just never heard of anything like this happening before.

Yeh, sure it's not a PUK code it's requiring? PUK code comes from your carrier, or sometimes with the SIM documentation if pre-paid. Bare in mind if the PUK code is entered incorrectly more than 10 times it kills the SIM, and has to be replaced by the carrier.

#10 mikedt, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  11. mxz33

mxz33 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    Someone seems to have had exact same issue as me here, with another Android device.. as described in: http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/...e-custom-roms/?do=findComment&comment=2240063 on this page by user
    elaadhn
    (btw im on a stock rom etc)

Same mechanism of bug creation (putting in SIM slot 2 initiates the whole shitchain)

And btw @ last 2 posters, PUK already tried it and no, same as with any codes on the SIM card plastic holder.

12. mxz33

mxz33 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    In correlation with that it's a known issue, no one knows the finer details of it and how to fix it?
    No one on this oh so great forum, I have to throw my phone away now?

13. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    So it could be a problem specific to dual-SIM devices, SIM2, even with custom ROMs. I'm in China, where dual-SIM is prevalent, unlike say the US, and I've never come across or read about this happening before, not until this thread.

As you've had it happening with a Doogee, could be worth contacting them about it, see if they can suggest anything.

They're supposed to have their own Doogee community forum, but seems to be down at the moment.
    doogee.cc/bbs/

#13 mikedt, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Jfalls63 likes this.