• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android system 100 percent 70 percent

hayaboosa1300

Jun 8, 2010
I Love my evo but the battery life really sucks. My friend also has the evo. So Luckily I have another evo to compare. What I have found is the android system is running really heavy on mine. And not his. You Can see from the screen shots how atrocious this is lol. turning off sync, background data, low back light, turn off 4g, nothing makes my battery last. Or makes android system get to like 15 percent like my buddies phone. I Will post screen shots.
my phone does infact sleep.
sent from Tapatalk via HTC EVO 4g

Attachments

• snap20100608_153757.png
    snap20100608_153757.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 134
  • snap20100608_153821.png
    snap20100608_153821.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 122
  • snap20100608_153833.png
    snap20100608_153833.png
    29 KB · Views: 139
  • snap20100608_153837.png
    snap20100608_153837.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 85
  • snap20100608_160608.png
    snap20100608_160608.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 95
  • snap20100608_160627.png
    snap20100608_160627.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 99
  • snap20100608_163958.png
    snap20100608_163958.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 96
  • snap20100608_163908.png
    snap20100608_163908.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 95
  • snap20100608_163856.png
    snap20100608_163856.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 116
  • snap20100608_160705.png
    snap20100608_160705.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 91
Have you tried deleting that third party battery widget? Some of those widgets are atrocious resource hogs.

I've got my phone similarly configured, with background data turned off, Live wallpapers on, Mobile Network on, social syncing (facebook, flickr, etc..) disabled, and I'm running Apollo Task Manager. My Android System sits at about 7%, and I was able to go a full 52 hours on my last charge with light-medium phone use, about 30 min. of 4g hotspot use, random 3g-4g speedtests throughout the weekend, texting, and other "playing with my new toy" randomness. And I actually had 20% battery left when I plugged it in last night, so I could have probably gone all the way through the night and into this morning.

Today, my usage has been minimal, since it's been a busy work day and I haven't had a lot of time to play or text, but so far at 9h 6m 11s since unplug, I'm on 80% bettery and Android System is at 7%

My Up Time is showing 89:05:19
Awake Time is 13:28:15

You should restore it back to factory defaults, and not add that battery widget back into the mix and see if your results change. I can vouch for the Task Manager app being a good fit for me so far, but there's been folks on here getting very good performance with no Task Manager use whatsoever.

Upvote 0
wow thanks for the help, i am using a curvefish battery monitor, but its the same i am using on my hero. 41 mins and android system is at 2 percent. the lowest program running on battery status. i have a battery program i will have to run it tonite before i sleep
my battery will run down 90 to 70 not even using it for 20mins

Upvote 0
Yeah you have an app eating battery maybe but those screen shots.... You are looking at this stuff like 10m or less after being unplugged. That screen only tells you what has been running since the last time you charged so the sooner you look the higher the percentage. How long are you going between charges? Don't estimate. Charge the phone overnight tonight and then write down what time you unplug it. Use it all day tomorrow without plugging it in like you normally would but let it die. Write down when it dies.

Upvote 0
Yeah you have an app eating battery maybe but those screen shots.... You are looking at this stuff like 10m or less after being unplugged. That screen only tells you what has been running since the last time you charged so the sooner you look the higher the percentage. How long are you going between charges? Don't estimate. Charge the phone overnight tonight and then write down what time you unplug it. Use it all day tomorrow without plugging it in like you normally would but let it die. Write down when it dies.
i will do this
also i am using systempanel monitor, i will run it and use phone as normal thanks

Upvote 0
You have an app that is behaving badly and eating not letting the phone sleep. Try to go through anything you've installed to see if its continuously polling. Also, You should use a better battery app like Battery Indicator Pro - works great.
wow i am not sure what happend...
but i ditched the battery monitor i was using. i am using the one you mention
from when i disconnected from charging after writing my last msg here,
i noticed i was holding a good charge for some reason.
i was at 97percent at 7:17 when i took off charge. i have been txting light
internet light, a few phone calls, it is now 9:17 so thats 2hours. i am at 73percent. that is an amazing difference from before.
so only things different i have done was.

run SYSTEMPANEL which is really unbelievable how useful, and informative
this program is, i see every single thing that uses my cpu and how much memory they use etc. also learned some things about how the phone works such as the live background, htc sense uses verrry little power and only uses cpu when you are on the homescreen.

and run the battery indicator

and no i am not using atk to kill the running apps like i tried to before, tried to cheat around the system.

oh one more thing the ANDROID SYSTEM IS currently 26 percent

Upvote 0
reread the posts...

ya durr...thats still not helping me. i downloaded battery indicator pro, and system panel. no app seems to be hogging anything. currently my android system is using 45% of my battery but im not really doing anything. im just texting, i downloaded an app, and i had dolphin browser up but not really using.

any other ideas i should say?

Upvote 0
post up your screens and lets see.

gotta figure out how to take s/s of my phone. any help would be appreciated, in the mean time off to google to try and find out myself.

edit: is shootme safe? why does it need to record audio? also what should i take a s/s of? my android system is still taking 40 or so % but i have seen it up in the 90%'s before.

Upvote 0
What Percent is the android system supposed to be using? Mine is using 64% and my battery SUCKS.
I don't have a battery indicator or ATK installed.

This is what I have
Android 64%
Display 16%
Cell Standby 16%
Phone idle 4%

I turned off all things like bluetooth, 4g, Wifi and GPS

my android system is using 90% :( how do i fix this?

any help would be greatly appreciated. i used system panel and its not really showing any app eating my cpu :/. any ideas?

i'm having the same problem. i've done everything i can find on this site except rooting the phone and my battery is still getting ate up my OS

Upvote 0
I went through this list and now I get a full day out of my phone... if these tips don't work for you then you need to get your phone checked out...

20 tips to improve HTC EVO 4G battery life

Most noteworthy tips that you probably haven't done or thought of (I know I didn't) is to disable "Always On" mobile data (Tip 4), turn off haptic feedback, and change auto-sync frequency.

And a extra note: All you babies crying about how the "Android System" is using up a certain percentage... What are you crying about? The Android system is supposed to be using your battery. What do you expect to use your battery? Magic? Your problem would be if anything ELSE other than the Android system was using up a large portion of your battery...

I think you all are confusing the fact that when you press control, alt, and delete on your computer and you see Windows using up 100% of your resources... that may be a problem. This is not the same as the phone. The Android system is using 90% of your battery,., what that essentually means is that the OS is using the battery. If for instance Facebook was constantly syncing or Twitter and all of a sudden Twitter is using 40% of your battery and Android System usage falls to 60%, then you would have a problem.

Upvote 0
I have to reiterate these percentages are going to go lower as the day goes by. When you check that particular screen note the time since unplugged. It only records the use since it has been unplugged from a power supply. I have currently been unplugged for 45 minutes and my Android System is at 33%.. when I click on Android System it used 1m 19s of CPU. As the day goes by that number will shrink even more

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones