1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android system down

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have upgrade my samsung y android to 4.4 . But my handphone still cannot open . help me

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    We'll need more information, such as whether this is an official update or you have rooted and installed a custom ROM? And what exactly is the state of the phone now?

Without that, all I can suggest is doing a factory reset. Pull the battery out for a couple of minutes, then see whether it will boot. If not, shut it down again, then boot into the bootloader - this usually involves pressing a button, such as one of the volume buttons, while booting the phone, but as I don't know this model I can't tell you precisely which button(s) to press ("volume up" would be my first guess). From there you should be either able to do the reset directly or get into recovery and do it from there. This will erase all data and apps off the phone (remove the sd card if you want to be certain that isn't wiped), but may fix it if the problem is that something is incompatible with the update.

If you prefer to discuss it with people who know this device, you could register and ask in our Galaxy Y forum. That way you can explain exactly what the problem is to someone who can give detailed advice on this specific device.