• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android system monitoring apps

A

AstralZero

In an effort to keep my battery from draining from dodgy apps, yesterday I installed a CPU and battery monitor called "Mini Info". After getting my DHD and going on an app installing rampage my battery life dropped to about 6 hours, and I think it was the monitor!

So I've un-installed I'm looking for some system tools that won't sap my battery life.

Can anyone suggest to me:
Battery Monitor
CPU monitor (that displays what processes are killing my CPU)
Task killer (using ATK)
A widget I can use to easily turn bluetooth/wireless/GPS etc that includes 3G as well...

Also... someone mentioned before an app that changes your settings based on your location (looks at location with GPS). Can anyone tell me what this is called and if it saves more battery than it uses?

Thanks in advance <3

I use Mini Info also. I have for the past 8 months. First on my Nexus One, and now on the DHD. It never shows in the default system battery monitoring display as using any battery power only "display" "cell standby" "os" (they are the three main battery users for me), so maybe try it again? It is a great app. I'm also using the paid version, so I don't know if that would make a difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones