1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android System uploading data - can't find and stop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tnedator, Mar 8, 2011.

1. tnedator

tnedator Member

I have an Atrix. I'm trying to trim data usage before going on a cruise where I will be paying by the KB for data. I can't turn of email and data completely, because I need to check work email.

I have it pretty well trimmed down except for the system uploading. I have turned off the location services (location & security > use wireless networks).

Using a couple different data monitors (3G watchdog, SPB, datacounter widget and 4636 battery history) and they all agree that the android system is uploading large chunks of data (1.2mb in the last 8 hours).

I have disabled the "Backup my data" under privacy settings. I have gone through each app (except email) and disabled all auto/background updating.

I can't find any other Android system settings to stop whatever background updating it or Motoblur are doing.

Any advice on what else to check?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

Have you disabled contact sync?

3. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast

turn the phone off during the cruise, and remove the battery.

4. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

Airplane mode?

5. tnedator

tnedator Member

good question. I had unchecked the sync contacts on my gmail account and exchange account. Is there another place to turn it off?

6. When I go to Asia with my ATT phone I turn off 3G/Data completely and use wifi. It's not worth a 2000 USD phone bill when I return. Take no chances.
    PS: Funny thing is when I call US from china with china Mobile sim it's 25-50 cents a minute. But if I call the US with ATT Sim, it's 2.00+ a minute, even with Int calling enabled. Whoa!

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews