1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Tab as a XBMC TV Box

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Tabclear, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Tabclear

Tabclear Lurker

Hi all,

I have Googled the hell out of this, and can't come up with a solution. I was hoping someone hear could help.

Recently my Android TV box (Gbox Midnight) gave up the ghost. I was running a custom Linux only build of XBMC on it. Rather than buy a new TV box, I have a Galaxy Tab 2 knocking around which runs Android XBMC flawlessly. I was hoping to use this a my "new" TV box.

What I want is to be able to connect my Tab 2 to my TV wirelessly, not via a HDMI cable. So I can sit on the sofa and use XBMC on the Tablet and have it displayed on the TV. Or have the Tablet up stairs charging and control XBMC on it with my phone App, and have it displayed on the screen.

Basically I would like it to function exactly like my Gbox midnight XBMC box (which it does), only wirelessly (which it doesn't).

I was hoping to find some sort of plug and play HDMI wireless solution, but everything is HUGE and expensive. Can you guys think of any other way to my XBMC experience from my Tablet to my TV wirelessly?

Thanks
    Tab

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download