1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android tablet forgets settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pablo56, May 7, 2021.

1. Pablo56

Pablo56 Newbie

Hi. Go a new tablet Lenova M10. Try connecting it to my computer.
    Go to settings, Search USB, Select Use USB for. Chhose File transfer. am now connected until.........
    I re start my tablet and bacj to square one. I bought a cheeper tablet called an ALBA. Had the same problem. Got reid of it and I still have the same problem.

I don't have any proble with my mobile phones (2 of them and my camcorder.

HELP anyone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

don't restart your tablet. i rarely turn off my devices. i have a samsung tab A as well as an old Tab S2 and i re-boot those every now and then.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. Pablo56

Pablo56 Newbie

That dosn't sound good. Do you keep your PC on all the time and never switch it off?

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I rarely shut off my PC since I run a media server off of it.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Pablo56

Pablo56 Newbie

No and you probably never turn off your TV or lights either. NEVER MIND. I got expert help on how to change advanced settings. If you don't know this then ask someone else.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

so the thing is that with computers and android devices....turning them off and on is not always a good thing. every time you turn off a computer or device, there are things that are happening before it shuts completely down. the temporary files called cache gets cleared as well as some of its folders. and then upon booting up, the device then has to re-create these temp files and folders. these process over a period of time can wear out the processor......so it is not always good to keep turning things off and on over and over again.

tv and other appliances are different.

so my guess is that your tablet is storing the info of your usb cables in cache and gets deleted every time you turn it off.....so unfortunately there is no other way but to repeat each step each time you hook up your tablet to your pc after you boot up again.

and your post comes off a bit rude. i hope that was not your intention. we are only trying to help. if you do not want it, you can go someplace else to ask for help.

#6 ocnbrze, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
    puppykickr, Dannydet and Madd61 like this.
  7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

This thread was not meant to turn into a pissing contest, Pablo....
    OH wait, I have to unplug my refrigerator

puppykickr and ocnbrze like this.
  8. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

As far as lights go....
    the light bulb itself will last longer if turned on and left on.

What wears a lightbulb out is the change in state and the change in heat.

Incandecent bulbs were cheap enough to replace, and inefficient. So it was far cheaper to replace the bulbs than 'waste' the electricity.

Flouresent bulbs worked differently, although the ballasts inside are rather pricey. It would be a hard call as to what costs more- running the lights constantly, or replacing the bulbs and eventually the ballast/fixture.

Even worse are those stupid curly flouresent bulbs that replaced the incandessents in our lamps and other fixtures. These monstrosities used rather little power, but often cost $10 each. The worst part of it was that they were advertised to last for many years, and most often you were lucky if you got one or two years out of them.

Oh, yeah, and just like the other flouressents, they too have mercury in them, so ther is that as well.
    Probably better to turn those on, and leave them on. It will take a bulb like that its lifetime to burn the amount of electricity that would equal the cost to replace the bulb.

And now we move on to the LED replacements for our lamps and such.
    So far, so good with these.
    They use very little power, and are much more pleasing to the eye than flouresents.
    But, they do have a tendency to flicker sometimes, and the cost is astronomical.

So it is safe to say that it is cheaper to leave these lights on, than to wear them out from cycling on and off.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.