1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

android tablet to replace computer.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Pepee63, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Pepee63

Pepee63 Member

Does anyone have any suggestions. I need a tablet that will hook up to my tv screen, printer and exterior hard drive and also to my wireless mouse and keyboard all at the same time. Also it has to be able to accept a internet dongle as well. I want to get rid of my computer, it annoys the hell out of me. It seems so backward compared to a tablet. It'sI there anything out there that would suit my needs. I detest the Windows OS and I wouldn't touch any Apple product even if you paid me. I know it's a long shot. If there is no tablet that can do this , is the android laptop any good and will it run standard programs.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

to be honest most tablets do not have the computing power to match a pc. the only one that comes close is the surface pro( which is like $1000!!!!!).

i have a transformer infinity that has an awesome keyboard dock(an extra $149) that makes it sort of like a laptop. it can connect to the tv with a mini hdmi port. you can try google print to connect to the printer......or the newer printers have app associated with them that you can download to your tablet via the play store.

you can connect an external hard drive to it as well......so i do like my transformer infinity. and i can even use a wireless mouse and even keyboard as well. the usb receiver fits right in the usb port of the keyboard dock and it controls both the keyboard and mouse.

check it out.

i never tried any of the android pc's so i can't comment on them. many are off brands and i never trust those....http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

No Android laptop will run standard computer programs. Nothing will. The only tablet that can do everything you want is a Windows tablet. At this point in time, tablets are just at best supplementary to PCs, at least depending on what you do with them. Don't be fooled by the quad core and RAM hype. The quad core on the Nexus 7 is about as powerful as a dual core Atom.

mikedt, rbheromax and ocnbrze like this.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Will any of the android tv dongles work with a keyboard, mouse and hard drive?

5. mrex

mrex Android Enthusiast

if you can wait couple months, you may like to check Ativ Q in a real life.
    Samsung ATIV Q - Flexible mode shift and ultimate mobility

Might be a good laptop killer or just another device with nice specs but disappointing.. Of course if you need more ram or better graphics for gaming for example, then this is not for you (if they dont change the specs). But lets see when it is out!

6. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Asus also is about to release their second hybrid laptop/tablet combo in a couple months, The Transformer Book Trio. They already have one on the market, the Transformer AIO, but it's way too large for practical use.

ocnbrze likes this.