1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by coolair, Apr 23, 2016.

1. coolair

coolair Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    Hello guys I have an Android Tablet Estar, and recently I'm getting problems where I have ''everything has stopped working''. Basically when ever I turn on my Tablet and it's stuck on Estar logo until I turn off the tablet and turn it on again then it automatically goes on the Android system recovery which is very annoying I'm not sure why it constantly does that, but after some time like couple of hours it finally manages to open but then I literally can't do anything, since I get a non stop message about how something has stopped working, ''Launcher stopped working'' ''Media'' ''Google play store'' etc etc.. Now I know that if I go to apps and clear cache and force stop and all of that it might work, but the thing is because I constantly get those flashy messages I can't open anything, I get them non stop, so has anyone ever ended up in this situation if so help would be gladly appreciated, I just don't wanna give up on him I bough him like 3 months ago

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    You can TRY a factory reset, which will restore your tablet to its out-of-the-box state. You will lose any and all user data, but it may rescue your device.

Going forward, I would personally recommend avoiding cheap knock-off Android tablets... they generally cause more heartache than joy. Stick with a reputable manufacturer like Samsung, Nexus, etc. The tablets cost more, but sometimes you get what you pay for... this is one such case.

mikedt likes this.
  3. coolair

coolair Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    Alright I will keep that in mind with samsung, nexus etc.. but I actually always do a wipe data/factory reset it's just everytime I do that the tablet won't processed it is either stuck on the estar logo or it goes back to system recovery where there is a reboot system, wipe data etc... it just won't go further then that, sometimes it manages to go open, without those troubles, but it takes a lot of time, and when it actually does I can't do anything, since it always gives me 5-6 messages that everything stopped working, like media, google play, launcher etc..

mikedt likes this.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    That sounds like part of the system software has become corrupt and can't fully reset your device. You've got two options, neither of which is really likely to be available.

First, you can reflash the factory firmware from the original file. Here's where owning a brand name device can save you. These files and the support needed to perform these tasks are provided by the manufacturer. In your case, the first hurdle is to identify the manufacturer. It is most likely a re-branded, bulk produced low end device from somewhere in China. Assuming you can find the manufacturer, getting the firmware and a method to install it may be next to impossible. It might be worth a look. We have had some members report being able to track down the necessary information, but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

The second option would be to root the device and install a custom ROM. Here again, you will find that there won't be many options for off-brand devices. For custom firmware to work, it must be written for the specific device and without the base firmware from the original manufacturer, most developers won't touch these things.

Now, it is possible that there is something stuck in your cache that is interfering with the reset or your system, so I would try booting into the recovery option and first clearing the cache (wipe cache partition) and then clear user storage ... this is most likely under an 'advanced' option. Then reboot the tablet once and then perform the factory reset. Once you reboot after the reset, even if it feels like it's taking too long or locked up, let it continue for at least a half an hour. Depending on the OS and the processor, this could take more than 20 minutes to complete.

If, after all that it still won't boot, then I'm afraid there's not much that can be done to recover it. :(

mikedt likes this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    You need to reflash the original firmware. Think Estar is a Lithuanian importer of budget devices from China, unknown manufacturers.
    http://www.estar.eu/en/
    UAB „Mikrovisata“, Savanorių 125 pr., Kaunas LT-44146,
    +370 37 302042
    sales@mikrovisata.lt
    Tell them what you've got, and that you need the firmware and instructions to flash it.

lunatic59 likes this.