• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android to GMail contact pictures

JessJames

Lurker
Mar 10, 2010
Hi guys

I have a small problem with my G1 that is driving me slightly insane. Hopefully someone has a suggestion.

If this is already covered - I couldn't find it, so please point me in the right direction.

I have my G1 sync'ing with my gmail for contacts (obviously), and a large number of my gmail contacts have pictures associated with them.

This all works fine for a while, and then... consistently... after a few days... the pictures on my contacts get messed up. They kinda swap around, and some of them seem to use random pictures which have been linked to contacts in the past, or perhaps even not at all.

I do not know whether this is getting messed up on my G1, and replicated to gmail, or the other way around, but I can't stop it happening and its massively annoying.

Any other information can be provided, but if anyone else has this problem or knows how I might fix it, it would probably save my sanity greatly.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones