• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tournament

Thats nice, but the Droid is another order of hardware higher than what the Moment has. The Moment can't even play some of the games that the Droid can. You can like the Moment's keyboard, shape etc better but you can't disagree that the Droid has better internals.

Moment's hardware has been crippled by crappy firmware. Let 'em both run the same Android and we'll see which is better. Pure specs aren't always the be-all, end-all. Most of the Moment's shortcomings are due to 1.5.

In the meantime, The moment has a better physical keyboard, better layout, and a more solid construction.

Upvote 0
Nevermind. For some reason I thought round 1 was just a day, but apparently it was 4 days long... and there's no specified end date for round 2:thinking:

I guess that means we have about 2 days left then. What's funny is if round 1 was 4 days, why so few votes lol? Over 600 votes have been casted already in 2 days of round 2 as opposed to about 500 in round 1 in 4 days.

Upvote 0
The Samsung Moment is an awesome phone but I guess we though because there are so many Droid users that the moment would be defeated but we must give props to all of the hard core Samsung Supporter great job.

Here are th current scores the Droid has 160 votes and the Moment is at 183 vote

VOTE HERE

If I'm not mistaken, they both came out at pretty much the same time in November right? Moment on the 1st and Droid on the 5th right? 2 great phone released within 4 days lol.

Upvote 0
I don't think it really matters at this point. There is obvious voting corruption going on if the MvD vote has 200 more votes cast than the following poll. It's just not trustworthy.:(

hehe, you don't have to vote for both polls... i guess since the 'mdroid' has quite a few more users than the moment, it sort of makes sense...

i thought that it was impressive that we were tied at one point. :)

Upvote 0
hehe, you don't have to vote for both polls... i guess since the 'mdroid' has quite a few more users than the moment, it sort of makes sense...
My point exactly. You do not have to vote for both. Which exposes the lop-sided double/triple/quad whatever voting. Especially when you take into consideration the odd 100 vote jump within a 2 hr period (just from my own observation... it could have been a smaller time period) when the avg vote rate has been about 10 per hour.:thinking:

Though yeah, I expected that the Droid would probably win out in the end since the Moment user population would fade out much earlier than the robust Droid owner population. But even that cannot account for the sudden change.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones