• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tv Box Flexiview FV-1

It sure looks like the Chinese version succeded (which the English version obviously does not). If the box doesn't see the SD card as a firmware update, I'm out of ideas...

In case you didn't see;

EDIT2:

OMG It worked! I formatted the sd card and then I did the same thing with SDTool v1.0 (chinese one) Then I connected to TV Box restarted the device and now the green led indicator stays on.

Thank you ZilverZurfarn for the great help. I appreciate!

Thank you again...

Upvote 0
Well sir got the box 2 days ago with android 2.2 from china @ 100usd .Works exceptionally well youtube pre installed.works fantastic 100% satisfied with the box.
Now i need to know few things.

1. Does it support 16gb memory card in the memory slot ?
2.Secondly the wireless remote is 2.4 ghz.Iam sure wireless key board and mouse too will work on that frequency without inserting the wireless dongle.

Rest is fine with the box the box detects my 320gb HDD easily plays videos in all the format.except a few with high resolution .Dice player solved a few.
The strange thing i noticed is the same videos play better in my superpad 3 with the same firmware and player
Came with inbuilt 2gb

Upvote 0
Well sir got the box 2 days ago with android 2.2 from china @ 100usd .Works exceptionally well youtube pre installed.works fantastic 100% satisfied with the box.
Now i need to know few things.

1. Does it support 16gb memory card in the memory slot ?
2.Secondly the wireless remote is 2.4 ghz.Iam sure wireless key board and mouse too will work on that frequency without inserting the wireless dongle.

Rest is fine with the box the box detects my 320gb HDD easily plays videos in all the format.except a few with high resolution .Dice player solved a few.
The strange thing i noticed is the same videos play better in my superpad 3 with the same firmware and player
Came with inbuilt 2gb

This thread is getting confusing as many boxes are now being discussed. I assume you are talking about the FlexiView FV-1 (or Android TV Internet Box, same thing) It might be a good idea if posters tell us all which box they are asking/talking about in their post.

If you are talking about the FV-1, then yes it takes a 16GB SD card (actually will take a 32GB too) I have used both with great success.

I would suggest that you will need the matching dongle inserted into the FV-1 which came with your wireless keyboard/mouse to make it work properly.

Regards, Tony

Upvote 0
Does anyone know where I can buy a spare FlexiView FV-1 remote control? The white one supplied has had the kids around it and it is getting a bit hit and miss.

I would have thought by now these would have been available on Ebay as a direct replacement spare, seeing as they can easily be paired with any FV-1 unit.

Does anyone know of a supplier of them, as I would like to buy a spare one just incase it gives up completely.

Thanks, Tony

Upvote 0
This thread is getting confusing as many boxes are now being discussed. I assume you are talking about the FlexiView FV-1 (or Android TV Internet Box, same thing) It might be a good idea if posters tell us all which box they are asking/talking about in their post.

If you are talking about the FV-1, then yes it takes a 16GB SD card (actually will take a 32GB too) I have used both with great success.

I would suggest that you will need the matching dongle inserted into the FV-1 which came with your wireless keyboard/mouse to make it work properly.

Regards, Tony

Sorry Its FV1 and logitech w/l Keyboard mouse works like charm .Just ordering 16g sd card . And did any one know how much Maximum capacity HDD does the box detects

Upvote 0
One problem arised . I felt my fv 1 remote was not responsing properly when i was playing fruit ninja . thought battaey got drained replaced battary but it was tthe same.
I clicked the button inside the remote to pair it again. I lost the complete connectivity between remote and box.& its not pairing again. Please guide at the earliest.

Upvote 0
Is there any way to keep the box alive at all times? After a day of non use (without putting it in sleep mode), I mostly (but not always) find a black screen when I return to it. Putting the box to sleep with the remote works, but waking it up again just returns the black screen. I have to reboot to get visuals again.
Also, ethernet connection is almost always reported as lost, even if it in fact is up (some apps obviously just try to connect (and works), but some (like Gmail) obviously checks for network connection status before trying). Toggling ethernet on/off sometimes cures this, but as often, I have to reboot to get the ethernet up. Ideas? Workarounds?

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm on to buy me a FV-1 to technically play around with this thing.
But this is only fun if there is enough interest in Mods for this Box by the community.

I already have a bit knowledge from my experiments with the "Meteorit MMB322".
But I'm not able to make something good out of this box AND it's out of date(the existence of the FV1 is one reason).

Are there any news with the HD-Output? Is there really no way? Because I don't have a device which can play FullHD over HDMI(my Laptop only has VGA). Would be great to have this possibility.

I hope you can answer some of my questions :)

Upvote 0
AFAIK, there's no way to force FV-1 to output anything in HD resolution. It is technically enabled to decode HD video files (even if the success reports in this matter is somewhat discouraging) but the actual video that's sent over HDMI is 1024x600 or something in that direction. I'd not recommend the FV-1 as a media player, but absolutely recommend it as a way to make your ordinary TV a "smart" TV.

Upvote 0
201110050228.jpg

http://www.artwaytech.com/goodpro.php?id=291

nice but where to buy ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones